AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

gjuckett
Message 1 of 1 (92 Views)

My Paper Space Dimensioning does not work - Please Help

92 Views, 0 Replies
12-13-2012 07:42 AM

My part is drawn in model space.

My Title Block and Border is on Paper Space.

I have model view windows/ports depicting various views on the model space part.

In Paper Space when I try to apply a dimension, snaping to edges of the part, I get the actual distance in paper space??  Part distance is 23" and the result of the paper space dimension application is 2  3/4""  Yes, two inch marks shown too??

2012 Plant 3D server

My settings are;

Tools/Options?user Preferences - the box is checked off for "Make New Dimensions Associative"

Format/Dimstyle/Modify/Fit - Under "Scale For Dimension Features", the annotative box is not available for selection??

So I have my setting set to "Use Overall Scale to 1.0000

Whether "DIMASSOC is set to 1 or 2 , paper space dimensioning will not work correctly.

Any ideas as to what I need to do?

Thanks, G

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!