AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Multiple valves in one row of Iso BOM

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
twdtech
1842 Views, 10 Replies

Multiple valves in one row of Iso BOM

The BOM on my Isometrics is showing multiple valves in a single line item. The valves are different sizes but, the same item code. How can I fix this issue? I am using Plant3D 2014 ext.2.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jabowabo
in reply to: twdtech

All items with the same item code will group together in the BOM. I don't think you can get around this.
Message 3 of 11
PeterQuinn
in reply to: jabowabo

That's what the item code is for - to group items that are the same. Is there a reason you can't use different item codes?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 11
patpat79

Create a new query in the plant 3d setup, name it, material code or, itemcode or any name you want. Then delete your item codes in the item code query. That query's purpose is to merge the items with the same code. Normally item codes are different per size, per category that's maybe why autodesk makes it behaves like that. So in your case, do what I instructed and you will be good.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 11
twdtech
in reply to: patpat79

I am using the 'ItemCode' to designate the valve code number which is the same for each type of valve regardless of size. Please let me know how to create a new query in the Plant3D setup as I have no idea how this is accomplished.

Message 6 of 11
patpat79

Go in the setup, engineering items category, pipe run components, add a new query there, maybe I'll post a snapshot if you don't get it still, I'm in mobile now

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 11
twdtech

Thanks for your help but, I am not seeing what you describe. In the Project Setup I don't see engineering items. I do see pipe run component under plant 3d class definitions\piping and equipment but, I don't see any queries there.

Message 8 of 11
jabowabo

You will need to add the property to your catalog and project.  This is what I did when I ran into the same problem. See pics:

Cat prop.PNG

Proj prop.PNG

Message 9 of 11
patpat79

Or just use the material code query in the catalog so it will be hassle free for you.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 11
twdtech

I appreciate your help in this matter. My confusion with your previous message was your use of the term 'query'. What your were referring to was 'properties' such as 'item code' and 'material code'. What I really need is to find out how the 'item code' is used to generate the Iso BOM. Hopefully this would then allow me to change the procedure to take into account different sizes.

Message 11 of 11
patpat79

What I am saying is that, the item code can be edited only in the spec side and not in the catalog side, that's what I know, and if the item code you will be using is only one per item, eg. elbow, tee, etc., disregarding the size, therefore you can use the material code property, or just add a new property/ query in the component, in the catalog side.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

ā€Boost