AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTIPLE USER IN ONE FILE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Arun_Kumar_K
717 Views, 2 Replies

MULTIPLE USER IN ONE FILE

Request Autodesk to lookinto Multiple user concept in Plant3d space. 

Using xref, multiple users can work but they will be having only limited control over the xref building and components.

When I was assigned for a Nuclear plant 3d modelling before 2 years, almost, 20 people use to work in single file in PDMS software in that project, everyone will be having the access to all elements but they can't delete the items modelled by other users. Security system is high. To delete, only the users who modelled and administrators will have control.They will be having all access to hide elements and full control of connection with the pipes, hide the pipes and elements (beam, column, wall, structural steel, etc.).

Multiple user access in single file is highly required for large capacity plants, as many users needs to work in same building and everyone needs access to hide the components and see what line nos. they had routed. Xref feature will limit to small cap, where only 2 or 3 designers will be involved in one project.

Last week I had visited my Head office, where they are using SP3d and I evaluated the features, Autocad plant3d is comparable  all regards, especially Autocad Plant 3d is very easy in front of adminstration, however with SP3d have the feature of  multiple user feature in single file

Presently using Xref, the users can't hide particular elements and will not be having a clear view inside building for routing of pipe also, there is no feature to connect pipes, only open end pipes can be connected. Xrefclip is a not suitable one to hide particularly single particular elements like beam, column, slab, equipment etc.

Autocad Plant3d having good features almost equal to high end software like SP3d and PDMS. To compete with these software, the graphics performance and multiple user access to single file, and bidirectional link with stress analysis software is required (Autodesk can have a tie-up with CAEPIPE software as like PDMS have now as CAESARII is the Intergraph's product, they won't share) . I request Autodesk should not compare with the low end softwares like AutoPlant and CADWORX.

I am looking for Autdoesk to compete with SP3d and PDMS in future. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

PDMS and SmartPlant don't use "files".  Its a completely different paradigm that would be difficult to apply to DWG-based software.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: dgorsman

May be difficult in dwg format, but nothing is impossible. For growth it is more important.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost