AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple line text wrapping on Equipment tags in P&ID

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
AarTomas
2207 Views, 4 Replies

Multiple line text wrapping on Equipment tags in P&ID

Essentially the problem is that some of my equipment tags are too long.

Too big.png

And it would be better if they could be automatically formatted to something more like...

Fixed.png

It needs some text wrapping to make it two (or more) lines.

I tried editing the annotation block in the block editor, in the Project manager. Specifically enabling the "Multiple lines" option in the Attribute-Misc section, and choosing a reasonable boundary width of 30.

Misc.multiplelines.png

But it doesn't seem to affect the tags.

Any help/suggestions/tutorial steps would be appreciated!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: AarTomas

First, you might have better success on the P&ID forums. In any case, try choosing the boundary width manually, I did that and the wrapping worked for me.

4-18-2013 8-56-11 AM.png

Final result

4-18-2013 9-00-01 AM.png

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
AarTomas
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks for the tip! I'll post there next time.

As for the wrapping, it seemed as though I was doing exactly what you were doing. So then I checked through the links and it turns out that whoever set up the tags linked them in such a way that I was editing a slightly different block than the one that was being displayed.

I got it wrapping on a new tag so now I'll just see if I can get it working on the one that's being displayed. i.e. finding the block somewhere in the Project manager, it's linked as "New Filter Tag_Block" but I have a feeling it's some weird internal addressing.

Thanks!
Message 4 of 5
RichO
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Ok, Ive been doing this and it works to a degree, however it would be nice to be able to adjust the width of the multi line for different tags, as the line justification for some text is a not so good

It would be good to be able to adjust the width for individual labels via the properties pallette

I can adjust the length of the line manually by turning on show properties (3rd pic) if value shown in 2nd pic is adjsuted then the line length adjusts (fun but pointless)

would be good if we could make the boundary width shown in pic 1 visible and adjustable via the properties pallette in the same manner

target width to be shown in properties pallettetarget width to be shown in properties palletteexample of off justification for next lineexample of off justification for next lineShow Properties.JPG

Message 5 of 5
dmichaels
in reply to: AarTomas

Trying to set this up in Plant 3d P&ID tags.  Would like the tag to word wrap WITH underline, but when adding %%U to the tag, that is what actually shows(%%UTAG)(#2 in screenshot) instead of the TAG being underlined. If i don't set the word wrap ruler manually then it doesn't wrap at all and puts tag all on 1 line with the underline(#1 in screenshot). Does anyone have a workaround or resolution for this issue we are having, any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.UTAG.jpgUTAG2.jpgUTAG4.jpg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost