AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Gaskets in one spec.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
jgranger79
1289 Views, 9 Replies

Multiple Gaskets in one spec.

I have an issue where i need two different sizes of gaskets in my model, when i try and substitute one for the other, it completely disappears and shows the leak symbol. I need to be able to either

1. switch gaskets, or

2. find a way for both gaskets to come in in their proper connections.

Is it possible to set up a connection to automaically bring in the correct gasket?? (i.e. rubber linning using one gasket, and HDPE use another gasket in the same spec.)

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
burningpig
in reply to: jgranger79

Bump!

I too have this same problem, and would love to know if it's possible to use multiple gaskets (and bolt sets). I have a flange and a union in the same spec, and despite having different "facing" that coincides with the facing on the seperate gaskets, both flange and union automatically use the same gasket. Any ideas anyone?

Message 3 of 10
Vitornis

I have the same issue. I need a different gaskets where I have a difference in liner materials of piping and instruments bolting together.
Message 4 of 10
patpat79

I had running projects with specs that has 2 gaskets, have you done duplicating your primary gasket, the one which is working, and then editing it's length? But be careful on setting which gasket is the priority.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 10
Vitornis
in reply to: patpat79

I haven't had much time to investigate my options but i did try adding
another gasket spec and it wouldn't let me subsitute in the other one like
you can for multiple fittings in he same spec.
Message 6 of 10
patpat79

You try duplicating your working gasket and changing only it's length?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 10
paragnewe
in reply to: patpat79

Friends,

I am also facing same situation at my end and trying to solve this.

As we can select Different BOLTset from single spec, is it possible to select gaskets also?

It is just raw suggestion . I have already tested but not getting success. 

as I am new to AP3D, I thought to take expert advice. 

-Regards
Prag
Message 8 of 10
patpat79

I had just tested this a second ago, and I confirmed that you can have even hundred of different gasket per spec. I have multiple gasket since 2012, but for the benefit of the doubt, I've run a test just now just to prove that it still works on 2014. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 9 of 10

i dont believe you ... 
maybe you have different desctiptions but not different thicknesses

Message 10 of 10

@ Dear All, you can fixed it using connection setting use gasket std property in catalog and same should be match in connection setting.

If my reply was helpful, please give a "Kudo" or click the "Accept as Solution" button below (or both).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost