AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Bolt Types

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
658 Views, 5 Replies

Multiple Bolt Types

Hi,

I have been reading different topics on this for a couple hours, and I still can't understand exactly how to do the following things.

We have lug style butterfly valves that require machine bolts and everything else uses stud bolts.  How can I get the lug style valve to use the correct bolt automatically without clicking on it in the model and changing it to that type?

Thanks,

Robert

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Robert,

Have you tried on the spec editor, checking on the Bolt set for machine bolt as shown image below.

Hope it helps.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Unfortunately, that doesn't change the default setting of the bolt.  Not sure what that check mark is for exactly.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

Have the same problem in understanding just what AP3D is doing with bolting, flanges, and valve types. In Catalog Editor/Piping Component Properties (CL 150, RF, STUD), the "Is Lug Set" is set to "False". Huh? I've searched Help and Googled for "is lug set" and can find NOTHING! Just what does that mean?

Autodesk really needs to seriously address this bolting issue with real, usable information, including Bolt Mapping. There's almost no information we can use to ensure bolting in each situation is correct. It's like being in a Black Hole and very frustrating.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

The only thing I know you can do to switch from one type of bolt to another in your spec is to hold the ctrl key and click on the gasket symbol in the model.  this will give you the option to switch your bolts from stud to Machine Lug if you had different types of bolts in your spec.  You can also prioritize which bolt you wanted to default to in the spec itself.

Message 6 of 6
viet_protocad

has this been resolved yet? I have an issue where I need to have a number of bolts for Valve-Flange and a different number for Flange/flange connections. CAD does not give me an option that will differentiate the two connections.

Is the "Is lug set?" option something I can use to force it to do one set of bolts vs another set?

thanks,

viet

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost