AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving a class from a sub category to a main category

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
647 Views, 3 Replies

moving a class from a sub category to a main category

I am wondering if there is a way to take a class in data manager that is under a child category and move it up to be a class in a main category.  Using Plant 3D 2014 for Smart PID

Situation is we have a class called “Tank Capacity” under the tank sub category, is there a way to move this class up to the Equipment category without losing any data and/or re-tagging all the tanks that are in the project?

The problem we are facing is that when we try to export the data the custom files in the sub-categories do not show up in the full report unless you use report creator, but reports from the report creator will not allow us to import changes back.  Any work a rounds?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dsl145
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you ever get a reply to this?? We're running into a similar problem.

Message 3 of 4
CarstenBeinecke
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

by default classes cannot be move in project setup. However, there is a possibiliy if you aren't afraid of opening up the PID or 3D database.

Please make sure to  backup your project before doing any changes to the database.

I refer you to my two videos where I show how to move a class. Although this video refers to PID classes, it wors for 3D as well. Having said this, you must not move 3D classes, because it is a very rigid class structure.

Moving P&ID Class

If you already inserted symbols of the class you want to move, I refer you to my second video:

Moving existing P&ID Classes in Projects

Regards,

Carsten
PlantTools on Facebook
If my post offers a solution, please click "Accept as Solution"
Message 4 of 4
dsl145
in reply to: CarstenBeinecke

Well, that sucks that it's not readily available, but at least going through the database is an option.

it's not my original post, but I would say that you're reply is the answer.

Danny

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost