AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move project to Vault

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
kudryavcevrm
1060 Views, 8 Replies

Move project to Vault

Hello, Autodesk and users!

Does anybody knows simple way to move my existing SQL Server Plant 3D project into Vault?

I'm in 2014 Vault Prof and Plant 3D.

It seems , that PnPProjectMaintenance.exe is not applicable in this way....

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Dan.Scales
in reply to: kudryavcevrm

Hi,

You can use the PLANTPROJECTTOVAULT command:

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2014/ENU/filesPLNT3D/GUID-A3AD36D9-B504-494B-8274-F00AF871BA8A.htm

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 9
kudryavcevrm

Thank you very much,Dan Scales!

I'm sorry for my ignorance, it is a cool tool.

Did you know, does this utility save it's log somewhere?

I tried it twice and for one project (little) its result will be nice, but for second (big) i got something wrong: some project files does not migrated.

How to diagnose errors in migration?

Message 4 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi,

A log file should be created which I believe is placed in the project folder.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 9
kudryavcevrm
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thank you one more time, Dan.

I definetely don't see like .log file in the project folders (both old and newly created) of all of my 2 projects which I wrote above

Message 6 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi,

It looks like the log file is placed in you local Documents folder.

When you say something went wrong with the migration of a larger project, what actually happens?
 Is an error reported?

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 9
kudryavcevrm

Hi,Dan, thank you for attention to my problems!

There was no any logs (both in eror and in success results). I'm also looking for logs in appdata/Local and  appdata/roaming

When conversion fails, I got no errors. Simply window with log has been closed, then autocad hangs for some seconds and that's all.

Some files in that project has been migrated (projSymbolStyle.dwg,PIP_Metric_PnIdPart.xml) and DWG PID directory (one little PID file has been migrated),ReportTemplates with files and ImportExportSettings folder and "Модели Plant 3D" folder (plant 3d models) with two subfolders - it is empty, no one P3D model has been migrated.

I will try to understand this error and write to you (may be I will record a video or will send this project to support) later.

Message 8 of 9
Dan.Scales

Hi,

Try removing the specs from the project prior to the migration and see if that helps.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 9 of 9
kudryavcevrm

Removing specs does not solve my problems.Now I see some errors with missing xrefs in models. Dan, what is the right way for me : Vault 2014 Client or 2013, when I upgrade my server to 2014. Does I need to install Vault Addin for Plant 3D?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost