AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

More Isogen - P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec and others

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
621 Views, 1 Reply

More Isogen - P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec and others

More pain.

Trying to set up isogen here, and have noticed that P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec will not output a value.

So I checked the piping database and of course the NominalSpec is not populated, as the P3dLineGroup does not appear in the datamanager you don't seem to be able to do this unless you edit the datbase manually, perhaps I'm missing something here, I'd really like this to appear on the isometric.

Likewise I would like the P&ID drawing number for a line to appear on the isometic, the reason I ask for this is the default titleblock has the following, but most will not populate, we have:

Line Numnber (P3dLineGroup.Tag)

Service (P3dLineGroup.Service)
Piping Spec (P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec [Does Not Work])

Max Pressure (How? Can it be taken from the Line?)

Max Temp (How? Can it be taken from the Line?)

P&ID Drawing (How?)

InsulationSpec (P3dLineGroup.InsulationSpec)

Insulation Thickness (P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec)

Any Solution? Or Just Bugs?

Generic Final.atr

ATTRIBUTES
Attribute1 General.Project_Name
Attribute2 P3dLineGroup.Tag
Attribute3 P3dLineGroup.NominalSpec
Attribute4 P3dLineGroup.Service

BOM-ATTRIBUTES

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Ian_Matthew
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Dag Austrheim and I did a class at AU Virtual 2010 on this type of customization.  If you attended AU Virtual you will find it as the only Plant class.  (We actually did this twice but it's the same class)

I am in the process of creating some Tips & Tricks video which will be posted to Plant Exchange in the near future.

Essentially you need to create new attributes in the 3D model and map them to the P&ID and then place the line from the P&ID list for the attributes to trickle down.  We have to do it this way as we don't have a central project database.  (This was done deliberately in order to keep project management simple so that you don't need a DBA in your staff in order to do Plant Design)

Ian Matthew
Technical Marketing Manager
AEC / Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost