AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
abilioramos
Message 1 of 20 (2,166 Views)

Metric projects are full with bugs

2166 Views, 19 Replies
07-19-2010 03:56 PM

First I have tried to add a 4" custom parametric valve to the catalog, I have used the Inline Valve, Sphere, Cone Style. I have filled all the required information, modified the dimensions to imperial, filled isogen STYPE and SKEY etc.

When I try to use it on the project I get this error (see image img01.jpg)

Later I have decided to use another parametric 4" valve type this time one Inline Valve, Needle Valve style. I have filled all the required information, modified the dimensions to imperial, filled isogen STYPE and SKEY etc.

When I try to use it on the project the first time I insert it It places the valve OK (see image img02.jpg) and if I keep adding it works just fine. But when I cancel the command and try to add again the valve the second valve port gets very far from the valve (see image img03.jpg)

Also I have tried to modify some existing valves and I get the same behavior.

This bug has been reported on Beta 2. I'm wondering when Autodesk Plant Team will launch a fix, 2012 version?
Or this is not a bug?

PS
This behavior is on Metric Projects, On Imperial Projects work just fine. Didn't the plant team give less priority to Metric Projects, I have notice this on Isogen, if is imperial everything is very nice configured, if is metric is all default :smileysad:

Distinguished Contributor
DJPiper
Message 2 of 20 (2,129 Views)

Re: Metric projects are full with bugs

07-19-2010 09:50 PM in reply to: abilioramos

Well count this one with 2011.

Check vlave 4" RF 150Lbs has the same issue.

So how you guys gonna fix it?

Should the present costumer will wait another year/release for the fix?

Valued Contributor
abilioramos
Message 3 of 20 (2,093 Views)

07-20-2010 01:42 AM in reply to: abilioramos

See you on next release :smileysad:

Valued Contributor
alvaro.nimasco
Message 4 of 20 (2,075 Views)

07-20-2010 03:22 AM in reply to: abilioramos

6'' check valve swing 150 LB RF...  same thing.  And other fittings too

Valued Contributor
andy.davis
Message 5 of 20 (1,992 Views)

07-21-2010 08:12 AM in reply to: abilioramos

Hi,

I thnk you'll find that the problem is with the Spec & Catalog editor.  It looks like it is not handling the units for the component length correctly.

I replicated the problem with a new 6" valve. 

I used the following workaround to get it to function correctly: I edited the catalog in metric units, entered all of the size parameters in mm, but entered the Length property under Piping Component Properties in inches.  Please see the attached screenshot. 

Regards,

Andy

Valued Contributor
abilioramos
Message 6 of 20 (1,951 Views)

07-21-2010 04:08 PM in reply to: andy.davis

Hi andy.davis,

I have tested your solution but didn't work for me, I have created a custom part (see img01.jpg; img02.jpg). The displaying is set to metric units, the length inserted on Piping Component Properties is in inches, all te others are in metric, I have set  both ports to FL; RF; 150#. Both ports are equal I have triple checked. I also have tested with the Connection Port Properties->Nominal Unit set to Inch and Mm (same result :smileysad:)

Added to the spec (see img03.jpg) along with bolts, gaskets, flanges, pipe and the custom part, all the necessary items to connect 150# and RF parts.

I have create a new project Metric/Inches, when I insert the custom part directly on the new empty drawing the connections ports are OK (see img04.jpg), them I start pulling for some pipe from one of the ports and its OK (see img05.jpg), them I cancel the command and add again the custom part, look where the connection port goes (see img06.jpg).

Can anyone tell me if this link is the official final  version of Plant 3D 2011 (mine look like a Alpha version)?

Is there any other version to download?

Distinguished Contributor
DJPiper
Message 7 of 20 (1,939 Views)

07-21-2010 09:07 PM in reply to: andy.davis

for selected size only? why?

i guess, theres more to it.

please see picture and i tell my story,

1.firstly i have set my line no to AV1000, then insert a 4" ball valve. immediately it takes the red color (AV=Red in color by Service)

2. i  inserted a 4" check valve.  its good, the only thing it didnt pick up is  the red color automatically.

3. i insert a 4" check valve again, then now the problems appear.

4. i insert a 4" gate valve and its perfect.

(Try this:smileyhappy: )

5. now i change the problematic check valve size to 18" through property pallete. dimension is good but still it dint pick up the color

6. and then i change it againto 4" and problem came back.

7. this is the best part, i change my size in Pipe Size Selector (upper left corner) to 18"

8. then i insert a 18" check valve, and guess what.....

9. its now having the same problem with the 4" size.  see pix 2

Valued Contributor
abilioramos
Message 8 of 20 (1,880 Views)

07-22-2010 04:00 PM in reply to: DJPiper

Does any one knows if there will be a fix for it? When it will be released?

Alumni
EileenForan
Message 9 of 20 (1,859 Views)

07-22-2010 05:27 PM in reply to: abilioramos

Hi Abilio:

I'm forwarding your question on to our product team for analysis and will respond when I get feedback.

Thanks for finding this issue and bringing it to our attention.

Eileen Foran

Community Program Manager

Autodesk

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Employee
weiyu.xu
Message 10 of 20 (1,813 Views)

07-23-2010 04:03 PM in reply to: DJPiper

1. Is 4" check valve a custom part or a native part from CS150?

2. Is the project you are working on an imperial or metric proejct? From your attached picture, seems to me it is an imperial project using CS150, other threads seems talking problems in metric project. A bit confused.

3. I tried Check Valve 4" RF 150Lbs from CS150 in both imperial project and metric project, looks normal to me. see attached picture. Do I miss anything here?

Thanks,

Weiyu

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.