AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material not showing on BOM of ISO

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pkw167
1672 Views, 3 Replies

Material not showing on BOM of ISO

I have created two specs with components that I have created following the instructions from  these autodesk videos:

Specs and Catalogs Editor in AutoCAD Plant 3D (Part 1)

Specs and Catalogs Editor in AutoCAD Plant 3D (Part 2)

The long description family name appears correctly inside the spec, but once I generate my ISO, the material part doesn't appear... when I look into the properties of the item inside my spec, the material only appears on the "long description(family)" and not on the "long description (size)".  How do I get the material in there without needing to manually edit each componenet and size.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ybogdanov
in reply to: pkw167

1. Enter to Project Setup.

2. Go to: Plant 3D DWG settings/Isogen Settings/Configure title block

3. Select Iso type (default: check, final or stress) and take "Setup Title Block..."

4. In editor use command: _ISOGENTBBOMSETUP or use the last icon in the Title block setup palett

5. In the new window go to "Data Items" and enter to "Add User Attribute"

6. In the list select the properties which you want to see in the ISO (material for example)

7. Acept all and save.

Before this procediment is necessary to write any value in the material propertie to each element in the spec editor.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 4
pkw167
in reply to: ybogdanov

Thank you very much for your reply ybogdanov, that saved me a lot of hair pulling Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 4
wstowe
in reply to: ybogdanov

I couldn't find the same options in Plant 3D 2020. Can this be done in 2020?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost