AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Masking

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
D_Senden79
360 Views, 3 Replies

Masking

Hello world of AutoCAD,

I have made a P&ID, trouble is the masking box shows up around the tags and is visible when I print. How do I turn off the masking? attahed is a screen shot. Hope to hear back sooner than later...

Thanks,

Damain

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RamyaSeshadri
in reply to: D_Senden79

Hi,

You have to find out which "annotation style" you are using for that particular component/instrument. You can find this by right clicking on that symbol->properties or in Project Setup, under that particular component. (For eg; the name might be something like "Field Discrete Instrument Style etc.")

This annotation style is a block present in the projectsymbolstyle.dwg. You can open that block in block editor in projectsymbolstyle.dwg and edit it, remove the masking rectangles and either save it; or do a "save as" as another block and use this as the new annotation style for that instrument in project setup. Or simply look for another annotation style which might fit your requirements if it already exists.

Hope this works.

Regards,

Ramya.

Message 3 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: RamyaSeshadri

Per the image it looks like you are asking how to turn the wipeout frames off.  You should not remove wipeout from any symbol.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2014/09/masking-the-wipeout/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 4
D_Senden79
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thank you, somehow my WIPEOUTFRAME setting was set to 1 so the wipeout boxes were showing up on my plots, changed the setting to 2 and cleared up my plots. Thank you for helping me out, deadline is today.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost