AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Contributor
Bryanf88
Message 1 of 3 (187 Views)

Making a cover sheet with my model

187 Views, 2 Replies
08-01-2012 05:31 AM

Hey guys. I want to make a nice looking cover sheet with drawing numbers and my entire plant 3D model in the middle of it all. However, I am running into some issues when I attempt to do this. I am ultimately trying to export my model from Plant 3D to AutoCAD (Same Version 2013 for both) without it being tied to the xrefs that are currently in the Plant 3d model. My question is, what is the proper workflow for exporting a Plant 3D model to an autoCAD format as it's own entity without being tied to or effected by the xref'd models that it has in it. Is this even possible? Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks!

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 2 of 3 (164 Views)

Re: Making a cover sheet with my model

08-01-2012 09:41 PM in reply to: Bryanf88

Type in EXPORTTOAUTOCAD and that will dump out a 'dumb' version of the model you're working in.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Contributor
Bryanf88
Message 3 of 3 (152 Views)

Re: Making a cover sheet with my model

08-02-2012 05:04 AM in reply to: Bryanf88

Thank you, that worked. 

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!