Can you check the below things for me?
1. Check whether you are selecting the "correct iso style" while generating the ISO.
2. Can you check the path under project setup->Isometric Drawings settings->Iso styleSetup->Iso Style paths is correct?
3. Open the Iso error log file to see if their is any error/details.
4. Can you try clicking the "Group by line number" and "Group by drawing" this will force and update if any, in the Project manager.
5. When you generate an Iso, keep an eye on the Project Manager tree, it should collapse down when the Isometric Creation Completes and notification shows up down in the notification tray.
Also, take a look at the date stamp on "Iso.dcf" and "IsoPart.xml" out in the root of your project folder. Both of those files should update as soon as the Iso generation is complete.
What I suspect is your ISO files are getting generated under different (wrong) Iso style folder. Let me know after checking this.
point 1,2. checked there are all right.
point 3. There is no error log file as far as I can see.
point 4, I don't know where is the "group by line number" or "group by drawing".
point 5. In my case, I got notification, but no collapse down.
point 6. "iso.dcf" is not updated, in my case it is around one month old, and "isoPart.xml" file is updated.
The style is right. but I had been modified the style a lot, not sure if this effect anything. I think it shouldn't be. but let me know what you think.
Yes the project which you gave me doesnt show the isos. I am not sure how the dwgs in the ProdIso were generate, but when I cleaned up the ProdIso folder (moved all files) and regenerated all the Iso's and I really dont see there any issue, it works fine the Iso's show up in the project very well. Also my ISO.dcf gets updated as expected.
What I recommend you is to clean up your prodIsos folder and regenerate the ISO's.
Please refer attached pics.
Can you confirm if this is working for you?
If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!
I tried to delete the folder as well. It still doesn't work.
In your previous post, you keep indicate that there is other way to do the production iso. (you said:"not sure how you do it." few times.) As far as I understand there is only one way you can create the iso drawings. Which you have shown on the images at your last post. I like to see what is other way if there is any.
Which Version do you use.
I got the same Problem last week. I use 2012 at the Moment.
My solution was to eleminate all BAD Types, like .-& = etc. out of my Line Numbers.
After that it works.
I saw at your Screenshots that you use & in your Liene Number. This could be the source of your Problem.
The Support Team from Autodesk confirmed this and answerd that in Version 2013 this behaviour doesn`t exsist any more.
I use 2012 at the moment.
When you said it would have problem with BAD type. Is that means all of lines needs to name that doesn't contain -_= etc. Cos I tested one of the line I had which doesn't have any "BAD" type, it still doesn't give me anything.
Sounds like there is no other way to deal with it at all?
Thats Right. Line Numbers shouldn`t contain BAD Types Like & . - etc. and it only works if you have all Line Numbers at your Project without Bad Types.
If you got only one Line Number with Bad Types at your Project it doesn`t work
If you got Time try with a new Project.
The other way you could generate an ISO is as in attached image (from Project manager itself).
By the way, its strange to know it doesnt work, I even tried once again this morning and had no issues.
Anyway try the below first take a backup of the project and then:
1. Run PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe tool. This tool is installed on your system while installing either AutoCAD Plant 3D or AutoCAD P&ID to the install root folder (for Windows 7 something like C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012). Sometimes the data cache might create such problem.
2. If that doesnt work try to do a project audit and try regenerating the ISO to see if its working.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.
Upgrading to a 2015 product? Make sure to check these out 1st!