AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Link the file name into the project name or project number

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ae_m44
521 Views, 3 Replies

Link the file name into the project name or project number

hello all 

just i cannot find any way to make the project name or number is automatic shown as part of file name. in my company we always use the project number as part of file name 

i find this topic on this forum but till now it is not solved 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-plant-3d-general/p3d-2012-file-name-format/m-p/3605650#M6850

AE
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: ae_m44

Hi,

It is not possible to automatically acquire the project name or number so that it is included in the file name.

An alternative option would be to add a new selection list to the project and add the project number as a new row. This would require the number to be selected from a drop down list but it would be more locked down than simply typing in the name.

DrawingName.png

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 4
ae_m44
in reply to: Dan.Scales

How to do the selection list to be shown in file name format ? I tryied to do that selection list in equipment and fittinng but didnt come in the file name format

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
AE
Message 4 of 4
Dan.Scales
in reply to: ae_m44

Hi,

If you create the selection list under Engineering Items you will be able to use it in the file name:

Screencast Video

Hope this helps.

Dan

Dan Scales

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost