AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line number to iso dwg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
sergej_dezelak
1047 Views, 5 Replies

Line number to iso dwg

I have problems with iso annotation. I would like to have in my iso drawing same line number as in 3D.

For example I have line number assigned in 3D (left side in photo), but if I have default settings in iso xml file (right side in photo) there is no possible to use this value in iso.

Can I configure this, that I will have this line number shown also in iso piplines?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
nlarez
in reply to: sergej_dezelak

It looks like you have already to modify the isoconfig.xml.Iis that correct?

Without knowing what is being outputted on the iso, I can really only help you fix the .xml and give another way of creating it.

To fix the .xml:

I believe the "PIPELINE-REFERENCE" should be the same as the line number field you have in the model. You can check this by looking at the .PCF file created with the iso.

If that is all you need for the iso, then:

1. Remove the "Format" line. That is what combines the line fields and the component fields. What you have is formatted wrong.Two items would look like this Format="{0}whatever formatting separator{1}" One item would be Format="{0}" (Quotation marks are because I edit in Notepad)
  2. Remove "ComponentFields". This is bringing two fields in; "Size" and " PIPING-SPEC".
  3. Remove "ComponentFormat". This is Formatting the ComponentFields. Separating them with a dash.

That should output whatever you have for "PIPELINE-REFERENCE"

If needed you can add attributes from the iso.atr file to the "LineFields". Then just modify the "LineFormat" to something line this "{0} {1} {2}".

Of course you will need to add the attributes to the iso.atr file too.

Hope this helps...

And was clear...

Message 3 of 6
sergej_dezelak
in reply to: nlarez

I am just wondering if there is a possibility that I can put this Line Number Tag (ex. AP-0029-DN150-SS) from Plant put directly to iso drawing. Or I need to change xml and put there 4 new items instead of default "Size PIPING-SPEC"

Message 4 of 6
nlarez

Simply... Yes

Message 5 of 6
sergej_dezelak
in reply to: nlarez

And how can I do that? Can you tell me please.

Message 6 of 6
dave.wolfe

You can use this method:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/07/complex-line-numbers-in-isometrics/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost