AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line number tag

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
winner117
740 Views, 5 Replies

Line number tag

What is the different between "line number tag" and "tag"?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

The below help document should help you understand the difference,

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2014/ENU/index.html?url=filesPLNT3D/GUID-DB8CC9F0-48B0-47DA-A4BE-516...

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 6

Vinod,

Can you help me with line tags.  I have set mine up similar to what your link shows.  I have made a new tag like that one in the P&ID area (Project Setup -> P&ID Class Definitions -> Engineering Items -> Lines-> Pipe Line Segments).  The P&ID's work great and the tags work.  However, when I add the tag to (P&ID Class Definitions -> Pipe Line Group) as well as to. (Plant 3D Class Definitions -> P3d Line group)  I get the error in my model that the line numbers don't show up because the P&ID tag doesn't match the 3D Tag.  

The only way I have found to fix this is to revert them back to being just line numer and not the full tag I need.  I would really like to be able to use my full tag nuimber in the drop down where I route pipe in the model. 

I have attached some screen shots,  Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Ed

P.S. sorry to hijack this thread, 🙂

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 4 of 6
Indesh
in reply to: eadkins73

Your definition in PIpeline segments is wrong to me....it should be as "target object",

then dont forget to verify you mapping....

Message 5 of 6
yama21250
in reply to: winner117

Did you get this resolved? I am having the same problem.

Message 6 of 6
Indesh
in reply to: yama21250

i have attached some screen shots mine works well iether when you start a project from P&id or if you want to draw directly on 3d without using the p&id

Regards

Indesh

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost