AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Layer state in Xref (for extract ortho drawing from Xref)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
alexander..sokolov
459 Views, 4 Replies

Layer state in Xref (for extract ortho drawing from Xref)

Hello! Please help me to find solution!) I more ilustrate describe my problem in attachment file. Please look at it! 

short descibtion of my problem:  I have some model of boiler plant. and I gonna to make some orthodrawing and i want to not whole my model - only some part's, some pipe line!!! 

my steps:

1) I make new dwg file in my project ( for example: picture.dwg) and insert Xref of whole my model. Xref was made like attachment.

2) Than I turn off some layer in picture.dwg. (I make my setting for orthodrawing).

3) I extract orthodrawing from file picture.dwg,  but!!!! I see whole model, I hope that picture.dwg will keep my layer settings. 

What I've make wrong? (Please look attachment file for more illustrate my problem) I wiil be happy to get any advice!!!!)

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
MJ
Explorer
in reply to: alexander..sokolov

Hello!

I got the same problem days ago and my workaround was as simple as stupid to just turn of the layers in the original model/file and update my ortho.

But this solution is not very satisfying cause you have to set the layers up for just this ortho, create it and after that you may doing rework on your model, changing layers etc. and when you want to update the ortho again you have to redo the layer settings to get the wished results.

Its working but its time consuming so maybe someone got an better option. but i guess the problem is deeper within the process of generating orthos cause plant is really just taking the projection of lines from pipes etc. and generate new blocks from it, at least in 2014. in plant 2015 you can work as you normally do in the standard autocad with seperate model and layout areas so you dont really need to create orthos.

hope i could at least help a bit.

Message 3 of 5
alexander..sokolov
in reply to: MJ

Hello! Thank you very much for youre answer!!!))) Coud you explain how you work in 2015 version for get ortho drawing? ) If I correct undestand: you donnt put button create ortho view in plant 3d, you just create new layout in the file with 3d model, make new areas in this layout and freez some layers in this area?
Message 4 of 5
MJ
Explorer
in reply to: alexander..sokolov

to be honest we are just testing plant 2015 until now because we want to be careful befor migrating all of our projects to 2015. But it´s right, plant 2015 supports the option to work with layouts in the same way as you know it from AutoCad. But like in AutoCad, when you change something in your 3d model, changes are also shown in the layout area. Sometimes you are faster in creating drawings by using this layout functions ( especially when you want to get some 3d views of your construction for details etc.) and sometimes its better to do the intended way of generating orthos like you use to do it in plant 2014, but with the issues we was talking on earlier.

Message 5 of 5
alexander..sokolov
in reply to: MJ

Ok) I undestand you) Thank you very much again)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost