AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap Joint Flange???

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
thebearjed
1110 Views, 9 Replies

Lap Joint Flange???

i have a spec which contains Lap Joint Flanges (stub ins) and for some reason only the 4" size is giving me problems. Going from a 4" pump nozzle to a 4" vessel nozzle i can not get it all connected. i keep getting the "AUTOROUTING CANNOT FIND ANY PATHS" error. 

i tred placing all the fittings and pipe with out usinig autoroute but to no avail.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
thebearjed
in reply to: thebearjed

come to find out the pump nozzle was .00001742" lower than the tank nozzle. this is a bit ridiclous, we are not building the space shuttle here. there must be some way to tell the program to round to the nearest 1/16" or so.

Message 3 of 10

I think the problem still exists in plant 3D 2013: I sometimes get the same error and when I measure I see that there is a difference of .000000782 mm. Yes Milimeters ! There should be a way of configuring how accurate this gap can or may be.

Maybe for version 2014 ??????

Message 4 of 10

maybe in version  2050????

Message 5 of 10
TRdesigner82
in reply to: Miro1234

There's a file(DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml) that has existed to adjust this as long as I've been using Plant 3D but, straight from Autodesk, "It doesn't work". That was back in 2013or 2014 when I asked them about it and I'm pretty sure it still doesn't work in 2015. But, at least we have a DARK theme now....

Message 6 of 10
patpat79
in reply to: TRdesigner82

We had encountered that since 2012 version, and because of that, one of our "MUST DO" standard is assure that the connection x,y,z is Absolute 0.000000000000 variance to avoid problems occuring because of that even though we are using now 2015.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 10
thebearjed
in reply to: patpat79

<sigh>
Message 8 of 10

wait and see.........

Message 9 of 10
patpat79
in reply to: thebearjed

what's with the sigh ?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 10
Miro1234
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Yes, DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml exist, but doesn't work. Man Surprised

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost