AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap Joint Flange Thickness

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
TRdesigner82
456 Views, 1 Reply

Lap Joint Flange Thickness

Has anyone else noticed that the flange thickness on the lap joint flanges is incorrect? It is set to the distance from face of flange through the hub. I believe that the bolting lengths are pulled from this particular property so I'm sure the bolting is being calculated too long. It should be set to the flange thickness instead of the F/F-hub thickness. I've also noticed that the Lap Joint Stub End OD's are incorrect also. I just wanted to give a heads up and hopefully this will get fixed. I'm sure the bolting thing has screwed someone at some point...

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
darrelldixon
in reply to: TRdesigner82

I too have noticed the incorrect diameter on the stub ends and we wondered if perhaps it was done that way to visually alert you that it was a lap joint and not a slip on.

Additionally we have had a problem mating the lap joint flanges to standard raised face nozzles as the lap joing flanges have a face type of flat face. While they are flat faced, when paired with the stub ends, it effectively makes them a raised face. We can't get them to join with raised face flanges. As a workaround, I have copied the lap joint flanges to a custom catalog and changed the facing to raised face so they will connect.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost