AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lap Joint and Stub Ends

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jgranger79
1028 Views, 3 Replies

Lap Joint and Stub Ends

I am having an issue with the Lap Joint Flanges and the Stub-Ends that goes with the pre mentioned LJ Flg. When i insert the LJ Flgs. everything seems to come in correctly, but upon closer inspection I find the the Flange and Stub-end both share the Face of the Flange. Is there any way to get the LJ Flange to come in behind the collar of the Stub end??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
PatrickByrne
in reply to: jgranger79

In the settings for the Stub-End there is a Flange Offset dimension, make this the same as Stub-End lip thickness

Message 3 of 4
jgranger79
in reply to: PatrickByrne

Patrick - thank you, that worked.

I have another question for you sir. I did a test on an 6'-0" piece of pipe with this stubend and lap joint flange (I placed the stubend and lap joint flange on the MidPoint of the pipe), when I ran an ISO on it, it came out onto 3 drawings, 2 drawings showing either end of the pipe, and 1 drawing showing the stubend and LJ flange, and all 3 drawings appear to have an "Open End" why does the stub end show up as an "Open End" when both ends are connected on either side by pipe or the mating stubend? Any thoughts

Message 4 of 4
PatrickByrne
in reply to: jgranger79

All I can think of is that the Iso Symbol SKEY you have designated for the LapJoint is not available.

If this does not help maybe repost the problem and attach a sample drawing for sombody else to to take a look at.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost