AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item numbers missing from isometric but is in BOM

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
sharonleong8985
1910 Views, 3 Replies

Item numbers missing from isometric but is in BOM

Dear All, 

I have a custom part in 3d model. Then i create isometric dwg. The custom part is in the iso bom list but there is no id balloon/box showing that it is the item. How can i make the item to show id number?

See the photo below. The custome part id is 22 but there is no number 22 anywhere around the isometric symbol. How can i fix this.Isometric not showing id number.jpg

Thank you very much.

Regards, 

Sharon

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jabowabo
in reply to: sharonleong8985

The part number annotation is controlled by this line in the isoconfig.xml file:

<ComponentScheme Name="PartNumber" AnnotationStyle="Rectangle" GroupingOrder="2" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AlwaysNonArrowed" Filter="PartFitting" Fields="PartNumber" />

The filter is defined by this line:

<Filter Name="PartFitting" Value="Type NOT LIKE '*Weld' AND Type &lt;&gt; 'EndConnection' AND Type NOT LIKE 'END-*' AND Type  &lt;&gt; 'PIPE' AND Type  &lt;&gt; 'Pipe-Fixed' AND Type &lt;&gt; 'FLANGE' AND Type &lt;&gt; 'GASKET' AND Type &lt;&gt; 'BOLT' AND TYPE NOT LIKE 'INSTRUMENT*'" />

You need to modify the filter or create a new filter that includes your custom part. It is likely that the filter text below is what is omitting the part number you want to see:

AND TYPE NOT LIKE 'INSTRUMENT*'

Message 3 of 4
nlarez
in reply to: jabowabo

Jabowabo is correct:

the filter needs to include instruments not exclude them.

I was having the exact same issue; this is what worked for me:

In the filter change "...'BOLT' AND TYPE NOT LIKE 'INSTRUMENT*'" />"

to "...'BOLT' AND Type &lt;&gt; 'INSTRUMENT*'" />

I would make a copy of the "working" .XML before making any changes, because if you get the formatting wrong it will most likely make the entire file invalid.

That happened to me when doing this. The result was a loss of the "Iso Style Files Directory" path in the project setup which causes no path in the "Save Isos to:" location of the Create iso dialog box (both production and Quick) which will cause invalid output directory error.

Message 4 of 4
sharonleong8985
in reply to: nlarez

Thank you very much, Jabowabo and nlarez.

Im not really familiar with the isoconfig.xml.

Thank you for pointing out what to change there.

It solved my issue.

I really appreciate the help.

Best Regards, 

Sharon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost