AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Contributor
berucheva
Message 1 of 5 (699 Views)

Isometrics in Plant 3D

699 Views, 4 Replies
09-06-2012 07:14 AM

Help me please. Which of ISO-symbol corresponds to a 3D component CPVB000000 ?

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 2 of 5 (635 Views)

Re: Isometrics in Plant 3D

09-08-2012 11:17 PM in reply to: berucheva

The ISO symbols are based on the SKEY. Usually a 4 letter sequence that is mapped to the block in the Iso Symbol seed file. You will also need to fill in the Iso Symbol Type field too. That will generally be "VALVE", "FLANGE" etc.
The SKEY and Type can be defined on the "General Properties" Tab of the item in the Catalog Editor. Its on the right down the bottom of all the fields. And then the SKEY can be mapped to a block in the "IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml" file in the Isometric folder of your project.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
berucheva
Message 3 of 5 (598 Views)

09-11-2012 04:51 AM in reply to: JarrodMudford

Thank you for your answer.

Is there any existing SKEY for the 3D component CPVB000000 ?

Employee
JarrodMudford
Message 4 of 5 (579 Views)

09-12-2012 03:03 AM in reply to: berucheva

You can make your own to suit your needs. Usually the first 2 characters of the SKEY is the definition of the component type. ie: EL for Elbow. Then the last 2 characters for the end connections. But any combination will do. Then you can create a block for the ISO representation of the item, and map the block in xml file that was mentioned in the earlier post.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
TONYTOMISON4872
Message 5 of 5 (498 Views)

Re: Isometrics in Plant 3D SW x THRD

10-15-2012 08:19 PM in reply to: JarrodMudford

How do you create a valve that is SW x THRD, used for drain valves.  I need to create them for GATE, GLOBE, BALL, PLUG.  And what would be their 4 SKEYname.  Is there any scale when you are creating the.  I saw the size of the GateValve & the SocketWeld and they are diffrent size.  These valves are always in sizes 1/2" thru 2" and I can't belive that they are not in the catalog already.  Any help would be great.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.