AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometrics dividing drawings order

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
luoyong20061289
435 Views, 3 Replies

Isometrics dividing drawings order

Hi,there

After creating models,i'd like to create isometric drawings. Plant 3D will sometime divide complicated models into more than one isometric drawing which is good and handy. I‘ve been wondering that in what order the isometric drawing will be divided. 

Example: there is a very long and complicated pipe, when i create isometric drawing. I will get LINE-NUMBER-1.DWG, LINE-NUMBER-2.DWG,  LINE-NUMBER-3.DWG, there dwg files. The dividing order of the dwg files is I GUESS Pipe Direction, aka From the stating position of the pipe  to the ending position of the pipe.

I'm not quite sure about this, so i post this message, wish someone could help me figure this out.

Thanks.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

would like to know this one mysself

Message 3 of 4

Hi!

i think that it is the order of drawing a pipe. when you start for example on the "right side" then draw from the left side. and for finishing the middle part of the pipe-line. then the order of the isometric is that way AFAIK!

but i am also interrestet that a line starts on one point and ends on another. somebody know how to do that?

Message 4 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: mario.brecher

It's complicated. We have an algorithm that tries to figure out how to best fit the pipeline onto the minimum number of sheets. It's arbitrary what ends up on sheet 1 vs sheet 2.

In the future, we are looking into providing better ways for users to explicitly say what components go on which sheets.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost