AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isometric title block attribute centring

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
debbiewhite7894
2108 Views, 28 Replies

isometric title block attribute centring

In autoPlant 3D 2012. I have edited the Isometric title block through the project properties.  The tiltes attributes are mapped to the project and created to be centered.  Everything looks good until you create the Iso's.  The center justified text is not centered.  see attached shots.

I recreated changes from scratch in new job and have same outcome?  Any suggestions? Is this a known problem?

Thanks for any help.

debbie.white @urscorp.com
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: thaipham

I think the SP1 doesn't work on 3d plant design. I did try from the scrash and even with the CAD template, I centered all the block attribute, and I pull the Iso, but it doesn't work, I have to do the command ATTsync. Waste my time.

And by the way it doesn't dimension the flange 2" and smaller, but it does on the flange 3" and up, attachment for clarify, I use the same setup for 2" line and 4" line.

Message 22 of 29
malreid

Release of a Service Pack only 3 months afer a major version release? Thhat "includes fixes to issues found through internal testing and customer error reporting"?

Why not release a product version that works without issues out of the box.

Sure you can't expect every product release to be 100% perfect, but if enough bugs have been identified after only 3 months to justify a service pack, that's just amatuerish.

Message 23 of 29
dave.wolfe
in reply to: malreid

All of the bugs in this service pack were identified and fixed before the 2015 release, but after the 2014 Extension 2 and 2014 SP 1 releases. They are not new 2015 issues.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Sorry to reopen this thread but I'm using Plant 3D 2015 SP2 with Extension 1 and it's not fixed... I am still using the ATTSYNC command.

Message 25 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: debbiewhite7894

the 2016 version is fixed.

Message 26 of 29
thaipham

I got 2015 version, but don't remember if I got SP2 or not. but the version 2015 that I have is not fixed. Until the version 2016 is fixed.

Message 27 of 29
Capitalp

I am a new Plant user, setting up our company isometric title block.  To dig around and find out this issue has been an issue since 2012 and it's now 2016 (among many other issues I've had that have apparently gone unresolved for YEARS) really doesn't give me a very high opinion of the developers of this product.  Not to mention the seemingly endless workarounds and hacks I've had to implement just to get the Plant Suite to operate as advertised.  Yes, I read it's resolved in 2016.  Good job guys, but I'm on 2015...

Message 28 of 29
debbiewhite7894
in reply to: Capitalp

currently in 2016 and I have been loading the following lisp thru CUI since 2012, it takes care of the problem.  I hadnt even realized I was still doing it, and didnt even check to see if 2016 took care of the problem.. I call it the "fix iso attributes.lsp"

(defun FixTitleAttributes (/ ss e) (setq ss (ssget "_X" '((2 . "Title Block")))) (if (and (not(null ss)) (>= (sslength ss) 1))(progn (setq e (ssname ss 0)) (command "ATTSYNC" "S" e "Y") ) ) (princ) ) (FixTitleAttributes)
  )
)

debbie.white @urscorp.com
Message 29 of 29
Capitalp

Thanks Debbie!  I'll give that a try.  I was thinking when I wrote that that the fix was to to an Attsync to every iso generated, but I realized I just needed to do it to the template after I had edited it via Title Block Setup > Title Block Attributes (after the block edit and before "Return to Project Setup"), which fixed the problem...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost