AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

isometric title block attribute centring

28 REPLIES 28
Message 1 of 29
debbiewhite7894
2061 Views, 28 Replies

isometric title block attribute centring

In autoPlant 3D 2012. I have edited the Isometric title block through the project properties.  The tiltes attributes are mapped to the project and created to be centered.  Everything looks good until you create the Iso's.  The center justified text is not centered.  see attached shots.

I recreated changes from scratch in new job and have same outcome?  Any suggestions? Is this a known problem?

Thanks for any help.

debbie.white @urscorp.com
28 REPLIES 28
Message 2 of 29

Hi,

This is a known issue that has been reported to our developers.

To workaround the issue you need to run the ATTSYNC command on the Isometric drawing.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 29

Thanks, we're about to update to Plant 3D 2013, is it fixed?

Message 4 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: debbiewhite7894

not fixed yet even in 2014

Message 5 of 29
EricNyh
in reply to: thaipham

@thaipham wrote:

not fixed yet even in 2014

Are you saying this is fixed?  I'm running 2014 with Ext.1 and it is not fixed for me.

Message 6 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: EricNyh

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I am not quite familiar with the forum.

my answer is: no, not fix yet, and I am using 2014 ext1.

I trying to install EXT2, but untill now, i have an error message.

regards.

Message 7 of 29
darrelldixon
in reply to: thaipham

Can someone from Autodesk confirm that this is being looked at?

On a large project we can have several hundred ISO's and this takes a lot of time to fix. I'm sure I'm not the only one with this issue.

It should be a priority.
Message 8 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: darrelldixon

Hi,

Some how I can not go to the Forum anymore, maybe the Cie. block that site.

No, the Autodesk supporter said that they send to the developer team to work on that. And right now it's has no news even with the version 2015 not even corrected yet.

You know what, I tried the 2015 plant3d, but no improve on the Isogen side. (ex.: it's still have the problems on the small size of piping like threaded fitting, socket weld fitting, anyway, when you try to pull on the iso for the small size with threaded and socket welded fittings, it does not do the job well.) do you have that problems?

ThaiPham

CONFIDENTIALIT? - CONFIDENTIALITY Ce courriel est destin? exclusivement au(x) destinataire(s) mentionn?(s) ci-dessus et peut contenir de l'information confidentielle. Si ce message ne vous est pas destin?, veuillez le mentionner imm?diatement ? l'exp?diteur et effacer ce courriel sans en faire de copie. This e-mail message is intended only for the above named recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. If this message is not for you, please immediately notify the sender and delete this email message without making a copy.
Message 9 of 29
thaipham

Even on version 2015 not fixed yet.

by the way, some errors on version 2014 doesn't fixed on version 2015.

I work the most on small piping under 3" with threaded connection and socket welded connection, and 3d plant Isogen has some errors when I pull out the Iso drawing. I was report to Autodesk, but the errors doesn't fixed yet on the version 2015, hopefully it'll come by 2016. Now I stuck with that.

Message 10 of 29
tfs-us

RE: This Topic

Here is a band aid. Create a *.lsp file and copy this into it and then put it in your startup suite:

(defun FixTitleAttributes (/ ss e) 
  (setq ss (ssget "_X" '((2 . "Title Block"))))
  (if (and (not(null ss)) (>= (sslength ss) 1))
    (progn
      (setq e (ssname ss 0))
      (command "ATTSYNC" "S" e "Y")
      )
    )
  (princ)
  )

(FixTitleAttributes)

Reposted: to use code block and fix a portion of code. This is a stripped down version of what I use; its not tested, but should work.

RE: The fact that this issue has been persistant over a large number of P3D releases

I am a recent user of Plant 3D and thus far am quite disturbed by the lack of development on the product. Again, so far I've seen nothing that instills hope for the future. I really wish PID/P3D were independantly developed. I feel very strongly that they have spread their resources way to thin on this package and it is proven by this ridiculous/persistant problem. If they want PID and P3D to talk then develop that "module" independantly! In the meantime give us a functional piping program!

Message 11 of 29
malreid
in reply to: tfs-us

If it wasn't for the fact that I have to use and battle with Plant3D every day, these issues that have not been resolved for several years over several full product releases, service packs and extensions would be quite laughable.

But as a user who has to battle with this lack of product development (or is it more a case of recognition and support for the end users?) it's not laughable, it's **** annoying. The only ones who are laughing are Autodesk's competitors.

When is the attribute alignment going to be fixed?

Message 12 of 29
darrelldixon
in reply to: malreid

As I understand it this is an issue for other Autodesk products as well (eg. Civil 3D). However, the fact that the out of the box title blocks work perfectly makes me think that there is a way to fix this. I wish they would.

Message 13 of 29

Can anyone from Autodesk repsond to this? The silence on this issue is concerning.

Message 14 of 29

someone sent me a lisp that I have loaded on all machines that corrects the centering and it seems to be working

Message 15 of 29

oops the lisp is  shown below:

(defun FixTitleAttributes (/ ss e) (setq ss (ssget "_X" '((2 . "Title Block")))) (if (and (not(null ss)) (>= (sslength ss) 1))(progn (setq e (ssname ss 0)) (command "ATTSYNC" "S" e "Y") ) ) (princ) ) (FixTitleAttributes)
  )
)

Message 16 of 29

I saw these responses but this seems to be an ongoing issue that Autodesk is failing to fix. So I wanted to see what the official stance from an Autodesk representative was on this subject.

Message 17 of 29
dave.wolfe
in reply to: BSchwartzkopf

Message 18 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks,

I don't know why my 3d plant premimium doesn't have the pop-up for the update.

Message 19 of 29
BSchwartzkopf
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Can it get fixed in 2014? Since it's been an issue since 2012.

Message 20 of 29
thaipham
in reply to: BSchwartzkopf

I just download the SP1, this for AutoCAD 2015, but it said that can work on the 3d design plant. I tried but it doesn't fix. maybe because I import the project from 2014 and the template too. but it is weir, it should work, because just a template.

I should try from crash and see. any body out there try it from the crash?.

thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost