AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric olet dimension

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
roryromano
785 Views, 2 Replies

Isometric olet dimension

Hello,

I am creating isometric drawings using Plant 3D 2012.

Does anybody know how to stop the end to end dimensioning of olets in an isometric drawing.

I cannot figure out how to shut this off. Also, the dimension that it puts in over laps the overall dimension of the branch piping...

help !!!

thanks

Rory

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Muddy_Plant3D
in reply to: roryromano

Hi Rory,

All your Isometric seetings can be modified in the Project Setup, under Isometric DWG Settings. There you will find the dimension settings to turn on and off certain dimensions and set how an item is dimensioned.

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 3
roryromano
in reply to: roryromano

thanks for the quick reply...

however i think my problem goes a little bit deeper than just the settings in the project manager... 

Although i have the end to end dimensioning for olets turned off, it will still dimensioin it. I belive it does this because olets fall under the category of 'big bore piping'. It therefore assumes that there is a new branch that it needs to dimension overall , wich in my case will start and end at the olet. From this olet i have 'small bore piping'. My small bore piping is set to dimension the overall. This is why i get the overlaping dimensions.

As a fix, i could come up with a way to work this out if i can somehow have an olet fall under the category of 'small bore piping'. (somehow in the xml)

This is becoming a bit hard to explain in words so please see attached isometric drawings...

In drawing number 1, you will notice that i have an olet by itself with a dimension on it. You will also see the small bore piping that has the olet dimension overlapping.

In drawing number 2, i have disabled the 'small bore piping' theme to get the branch dimensions how i want them.

This issue happens with the defualt isometric styles that comes with the plant 3d 2012. This seems like an issue that everyone with plant 3D 2012 would be having...

thanks for the help,

Rory

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost