AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric BOM-exact length of pipe

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
neonade
1936 Views, 5 Replies

Isometric BOM-exact length of pipe

Guys,

Is there a way i can change the default quantity (total length) of pipe on the BOM of the isometric, changing it from Meter to Millimeter.

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
alain.mallette
in reply to: neonade

i don't have the answer for your question but me i have one for you! How did you seperate your pipe size in the BOM

I always have label #1 for every pipe nominal size and grouped in item #1 in BOM. I tried different description and it always group it in item #1 with 2 description side by side....

HELP ME PLEASE!!! Smiley Happy

Tags (3)
Message 3 of 6
ybogdanov
in reply to: alain.mallette

Open IsoConfig.xml of your style format, and search the following lines, change scale in the las line from 0,001 to 1:

Precision: (string); Options include Precision<N> where N is in the range of 1 to 9.
-->
<!-- 'Prefix': (string); The prefix that will be added to the formatted measurement. -->
<!-- 'Suffix': (string); The suffix that will be appended to the formatted measurement. -->
<!-- 'Scale': (double); The scale factor that will apply to the measurement. e.g. 0.001. -->
<!-- 'Decimal': (string); The decimal separator. e.g. '.', ',' or ' '. -->
<Style Name="Imperial" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="ImperialSize" UnitFormat="Fractional" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="&quot;" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="ImperialPipeLength" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision5" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="ImperialPipeLengthAlt" UnitFormat="Architectural" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="Metric" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricSize" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricPipeLength" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="mm" Scale="1" Decimal="." />
<Style Name="MetricPipeLengthAlt" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision2" Prefix="" Suffix="M" Scale="0.001" Decimal="." />
</Styles>

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 4 of 6
DGRL
in reply to: ybogdanov

Hi All members and Autodesk.

Above is not correct solution

Where is the switch to control this?

I don't want to edit the config file this way.

I juist want to switch between,

<Style Name="MetricPipeLength" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision1" Prefix="" Suffix="mm" Scale="1" Decimal="." />

<Style Name="MetricPipeLengthAlt" UnitFormat="Decimal" Precision="Precision2" Prefix="" Suffix="M" Scale="0.001" Decimal="." />

Some of my clients has M and MM in the same project.

And where can I change the precision of digits behind the dot?

Now there is 1 digit behind the dot and for MM units that's weird.
I cant show an size of 850.6 MM this should be 851 MM

where can I change this?

Cam someone point me to the switch responsible for the 2 lines above?

Kind regards

If this was of any help please kudo and/or Accept as Solution
Kind Regards
Message 5 of 6
DGRL
in reply to: DGRL

UPDATE,

I just found the precision switch ( the digit behind the comma is gone. )

Kind Regards
Message 6 of 6
DGRL
in reply to: DGRL

Found the fix ( it was written inside the isoconfig.xml

<!-- The alternate dimension style used for formatting pipe length measurements -->
    <!-- Set UseAlternateUnitsStyle='true' in the <AggregatedList> section to enable -->
    <!-- alternate pipe length units for a data list. -->

Out of the box this value is TRUE.

Changed it on 3 different places and fixed

Have mm size of piping on BOM now

Hope this helps others also to get what they want

HAPPY CODING Everybody

Kind Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost