AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric Attributes

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
twdtech
1462 Views, 6 Replies

Isometric Attributes

I set up the isometric title block with 6 attributes. When I run an Iso, three of the attributes are shown with the appropriate information while the other three do not show at all. "LineNumber", "Project_Number" and "DWGNAME" show correctly but, "FILENAME", NominalSize" and "NominalSpec" don't show. How can I fix this?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
phwatso
in reply to: twdtech

Nominal Size and Nominal Spec have to be input into the Pipe Line section of the Data Manager

Message 3 of 7
twdtech
in reply to: phwatso

I don't understand what you mean by "Pipe Line section of the Data Manager". I looked in the datamanager and only see SIZE, SPEC and Nominal Diameter. I am trying to get relevant pipe size and spec on to the isometric. I thought the nominal size and nominal spec was determined when I draw the line in the model. Any idea why the FILENAME does not show on the isometric?

Message 4 of 7
phwatso

If you open the piping model and then open Data Manager, make sure that Order by Area is set at the bottom left of the screen,

Expand Area and click on Pipe Lines.

If the Nominal Spec and Nominal Size fields are blank you will have to input the data to have it displayed on the piping isometrics.

See attached screenshot...

Did you use the Title Block Attributes > Drawing Properties > File Name in the Isometric DWG Settings > Title Block and Display > Setup Title Block for the filename field?

Message 5 of 7
twdtech

Thanks, I found the properties as you indicated and when I filled out the information it then pulled the data into the isometric. However it would be better if the fields could be populated from the existing size and spec parameters of the line. Is this possible?

The "FILENAME" attribute still does not populate. I did use the Title Block Attributes > Drawing Properties > File Name in the Isometric DWG Settings > Title Block and Display > Setup Title Block for the filename field. Attached is a screenshot of the dialog used to place the attribute.

Message 6 of 7
phwatso

However it would be better if the fields could be populated from the existing size and spec parameters of the line. Is this possible?

I haven't found a way of doing this...

Our Filename field is part of the basic autocad drawing template and just uses the Autocad Field command to add it to the drawing border.

Message 7 of 7
smgamal

good day everyone 

regarding the isometric title block attributes (FileName & DWGNAME ) under drawing properties

the FileName always bring empty result after running the iso 

for DWGNAME the result is the not the actual file name of the drawing it brings the name of the father node under the drawing template node of this drawing , check attached screenshot

as in my case the drawing template is **_FINAL_A3_

node under it pipe line name (01-AD-L999-C3D-250 mm)

node under it ISO drawings name (01-P30-AD-00999-1)

and thats actaully i think the attribute FileName should bring the ISO drawing name (01-P30-AD-00999-1) but it come with empty result 

and the attribute DWGNAME brings the pipe line name (01-AD-L999-C3D-250 mm) not the (01-P30-AD-00999-1) 

any clue which attribute brings the actual drawing filename  (01-P30-AD-00999-1) 

thanks in advance

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost