AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isometric annotation for branch connection not shown

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
samans
581 Views, 9 Replies

Isometric annotation for branch connection not shown

Hi Everyone

I am generating isometric drawing for our current project but I noticed annotation for some of the branches is not shown up in Isometric.. it happens not in all branches just some of them! Any idea why this one happening. At the begging I was thinking that happen because of our plant 3D 2013 version. But once we upgraded to 2015 still same issue..

Please see attached image.

Thanks, Saman

ISO6.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
dpreezm
in reply to: samans

Hi Samans,

Not sure if the issue has been resolved yet, I have noticed this as well on my projects. It seems to occur with the  P3Dconnector, just remove it and "connect component to adjacent", regen iso and then should be fixed.

This works for me.

Good luck

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"
Message 3 of 10
samans
in reply to: dpreezm

Hi Steve

Actually I tried many times. I deleted and re-connected the branch again to make sure line number is correct. (branch has different line number). I checked connection point as well (weld point). I am not sure what is issue? it seems to me plant 3d just recognize one type of branch connection creation method.

Thanks, Saman

Message 4 of 10
dpreezm

Is the status of the piping you are connecting to new or existing?

-=StevieWonder=-
"Trust me, I'm a draftsman"
Message 5 of 10
samans
in reply to: dpreezm

Hi Steve

they are all new pipe status.

Regards,

Message 6 of 10
PeterQuinn

Are the missing connections in the PCF file?

If they are, I'd like to get an example PCF that shows the problem.

We've fixed some issues in this area for 2015 and some additional ones for an upcoming release. If I can get a pcf file that shows the problem, I'll have someone test it to see if we've fixed it already.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 7 of 10
samans
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi Peter ;

Thanks for your replay. I don't know how to check if any disconnect in PCF file or not. Can you please show me how can I send you PCF file? I tried to send you with this post through attachment but for some reason I get this message "The contents of the attachment doesn't match its file type" .and don't let me attach file

Thanks, Saman

Message 8 of 10
PeterQuinn

You can email me the PCF and I'll try it.

peter.quinn@autodesk.com

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 9 of 10
PeterQuinn

2014-09-10_10-35-42.jpg

Using the default ANSI-C style in 2015, the annotation appears. There must be something else going on.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

@PeterQuinn wrote:

2014-09-10_10-35-42.jpg

Using the default ANSI-C style in 2015, the annotation appears. There must be something else going on.

@PeterQuinn wrote:

2014-09-10_10-35-42.jpg

same problem i am facing if any body found any solution please share with me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost