AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Isogen Bill of Materials help??

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ludwigman
1354 Views, 3 Replies

Isogen Bill of Materials help??

I am trying to create a custom BOM to show on my iso.

The picture above shows how I am trying to set this up.

FYI, I have created a spec that was used to create the piping that the iso will be generated from. I have manually added information to the Long Description(size), Material and schedule fields within the spec editor. These fields are represented in the pic of the BOM setup I have provided. You can see that the fields have been checked.

The problem is that when I uncheck- "Use type 1 bill of materials (BOM)" I don't get any BOM on the iso and it splits a basic run of pipe into several iso dwg's. With the option checked I get 1 iso and the default BOM which I do not want.

Do I need to manipulate the OPL, POS and MLD files to get this done?

What am I doing wrong? Edited by: ludwigman on Apr 23, 2010 3:42 PM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sivapd
in reply to: ludwigman

Inside the OPL file switch 23 control the BOM style. A value of 300 represents a user defined BOM style and requires MLD file to control the BOM. The MLD file has the BOM columns and their position coordinates. Please take a look at the Final.OPL and Final.MLD when a new project is created as an example. Make sure that the coordinates defined in the MLD are inside the overall drawing plot area. If it is goes outside, I guess that is when it splits the iso into multiple sheets.
Thanks, Siva (Autodesk)

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore
Message 3 of 4
PHammink8001

Hello,

Use notepad to change your OPL and MLD file. Don't use the settings in P3D, it does wierd things sometimes.

Regards,
Peter Hammink
Primat Project Service BV
Message 4 of 4
ausdag

Hi Ludwig

A MTO can be build up in several ways and it can be a little confused to understand all the setting you can select to do this.
To help you with this, I need a example of your typical Iso with a complete BOM list. I can then guide you to what files etc. through your example.

Regards,

Dag Austrheim
Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost