AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO Symbols and weld lists

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LanceBishop
1435 Views, 3 Replies

ISO Symbols and weld lists

Hi,

I am using Plant 3D 2013 and am having trouble outputting weld tables. I am using a number of different welds from buttweld to socket weld and fusion weld. I have a problem with the fusion weld as it is picking up the symbol of the socket weld when I want it just to be a 'dot' on the iso like the buttweld. 

I have tried changing the symbol and have even tried this on a local test project and the fusion symbol is still picking the glued/socket weld symbol. Visually everything is mapped but I do not understand why it is still picking up the different symbol. 

I am ok if the fusion symbol is different but the problem is that it will not create a weld list which is what I require. The buttweld etc. can automatically create the weld list and annotate each weld in the iso but how can a weld symbol be told to produce and annotate the weld list.

Any help would be greatly appreciate

Many thanks

Lance

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

The reason I am afraid that the P3D does not consider the fusion weld as a "real" weld.

I use only the buttweld and the socketweld, and they work.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 4
LanceBishop
in reply to: LanceBishop

Well I have looked further in to this and discovered a strange but correct result. The end connector type are both PPL and PPL and are a fusion weld. In the model the welds are labeled as a shop weld. I have now figured out that by studying the PCF file after the ISO is generated the Shop weld is treated as fabrication. If I change it to field weld then it will create a weld list but will use the fieldweld symbol on the ISO and will label them as fieldweld in the weld list.

This is where it gets even more interesting. When examining the PCF file again after this ISO the SKey is WS. I do not know why. But in the isoskeyacadblockmap.xml I created a new endtypemap called FW and named it FusionWeld. After returning to the PCF file I changed the WS to FW. I also ensured that all names 'Fabrication' were replaced with 'Erection' and ran the ISO again directing it to the PCF file that I had just edited and I got the correct fusion weld symbol instead of the field weld symbol but I also got a weld list with fusion weld listed correctly. 

Over all I am still confused as to how the mapping is working. The question is the PCF file had listed WS but in the cut list it was showing GL as both connector types and showed the glued/socket weld symbol in the ISO. 

Have you ever looked in to the mapping of the xml files for ISO production??

Message 4 of 4

Of course!

Since I set up really a LOT of new ISO symbols, I had to add in the isoskeyacadblockmap.xml.

But I never had to edit the weld symbols.

So I did not get that so far with the weld symbols as you did.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost