AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO symbol

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
provencecn
2329 Views, 6 Replies

ISO symbol

It is about lined pipe.  SKEY=FPFL,TYPE=PIPE-FIXED

When use AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 version it is okay to generate isometric, but fails in using 2012.By the way I know how to make ISO symbols for pipe fittings such as sight glass. Should I change something during making the block for lined pipe or is it a different way?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PeterQuinn
in reply to: provencecn

If you have a line that will generate an iso in 2011 but not in 2012, please export a PCF file and post it here.

My guess is that you are using a SKEY that's not in the out of the box software.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 7
ybogdanov

provencecn escribió:

It is about lined pipe.  SKEY=FPFL,TYPE=PIPE-FIXED

When use AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 version it is okay to generate isometric, but fails in using 2012.By the way I know how to make ISO symbols for pipe fittings such as sight glass. Should I change something during making the block for lined pipe or is it a different way?

In Plant3D 2012 the FPFL skey don't exist like default symbol. That's why you need to create new symbol and than modify "IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml" file to mapping it to the skey what you want.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 4 of 7
provencecn
in reply to: PeterQuinn

I use Resistoflex spec which downloaded from your official website.  The first file was using 2011.The second and the third one was using 2012. I made a new symbol and modified IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml but the second one is still not right. I want it like the normal pipe with flanges.

Message 5 of 7
Vicky.Wu

Please refer to below link. the correct steps for create new symbols with cutomized SKEY.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/P3D-2012-ISO-setting-problems/m-p/3151676#M3248

Vicky
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Message 6 of 7
FourWideJK

Did you get this figured out ? I'm haveing the same issue with 2013.

I have modified IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml many times but can't get the pipe to show with flanges on the end, or the elbows. If I change the pipe to be TYPE=PIPE  then it will show the pipe as a line but otherwise its a box with a star in it.

Any help is appreciated, as I just drew all the lined pipe in the plant and now I can't get the ISOs to work.

Message 7 of 7
provencecn

nope

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost