AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Valued Contributor
Arch_art
Message 1 of 4 (384 Views)
Accepted Solution

ISO - Symbol not display correctly

384 Views, 3 Replies
08-16-2012 07:09 PM

I am trying to create a iso, in the pipework, I have placed a Nipple. Nipple is defined as

TYPE=COUPLING, SKEY=NRSC; Which make it on the iso drawing. But problem is, instead of showing the block "nipple" accordingly the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap, it shows a block call "placeholder". Now, I don't know why it is doing this. The only thing that I can think of is the Type is not quite right. So I tried Fittings, Nipple. It doesn't even work. Is anyone knows this? 

Also, where I can find the TYPE definition? Is there a list which tell you what fittings should be considered as what TYPE in Plant 3D? 

Valued Contributor
Arch_art
Message 2 of 4 (379 Views)

Re: ISO - Symbol not display correctly

08-16-2012 09:37 PM in reply to: Arch_art

It display properly now. I don't know why. It seems like Plant 3D need to think a little while. Or I need to restart Plant 3D. I am not sure. Any one can confirm this?

I sitll like to have the TYPE list if any one knows this.

*Expert Elite*
dave.wolfe
Message 3 of 4 (357 Views)

08-17-2012 06:21 AM in reply to: Arch_art

I've found it frequently doesn't like the space after the comma between the type and the skey so:

TYPE=XXX, SKEY=XXXX is bad

TYPE=XXX,SKEY=XXXX is good.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

ECAD, Inc.
Tips and Tricks on our blog: Process Design, from the Outside

A P3D Authorized Reseller
Valued Contributor
Arch_art
Message 4 of 4 (325 Views)

08-19-2012 03:10 PM in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks, Dave

This does fix the problem I have. Interesting !

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.