AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO splitting

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
tarrynd
5246 Views, 17 Replies

ISO splitting

Hi All

I would like to know if anyone has any more information on ISO splitting. I have a pipe and 2 smaller pipes are connected using half couplings (as seen in attached screen shot). When I generate an ISO it created 4 different ISO's instead of 1, even when I select the "Force Iso onto one sheet" option in the Advanced Iso Creation options. I did some re search and I found these 2 blogs (http://www.davetyner.com/forum/showthread.php?10029-Plant-3D-2012-Isometric-Splitting&highlight=forc... , http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Force-iso-onto-one-sheet/td-p/3275015) on this and have tried both, tested connections, i have made sure all the line numbers are correct etc and still I get the same result (4 ISO's). I hope Autodesk or anyone can give me some insight into this, or tell me if this is a bug.

Regards,

Tarryn

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: tarrynd

right click a component

add to selection all connected components

do all your parts highlight?

if not, then your iso will not be connected

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 18
tarrynd
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Hi There

Thanks for the reply.

This is one of the 1st things I checked, everything is connected. The ISO generates perfectly when I change the half coupling to stub in's. The end types for my Half coupling are 1=THDF; 2=BV, not sure if this has anything to do with it.

Tarryn

Message 4 of 18
carnie

Hi Tarryn, is it possible that you have toggled the iso property changes, under the Iso Creation Options? Here you can force a iso split according material, spec or line No changes. Also the DWG congestion slider where is that set to? Just a couple of suggestions, i hope they help.

Message 5 of 18
tarrynd
in reply to: carnie

Hi

Thank you for the reply and suggestions. The "Spilt Iso when property changes" option has never been ticked, I normally check the "Force Iso onto one sheet" option however. Also I have tested both sliding the "drawing congestion splitting" option to the highest as well as the lowest and tried producing ISO's both ways, neither make a difference. I mentioned that if I change the half coupling to a stub in, then the Iso is produced correctly, the minute it is half couplings (which is what I need) it splits into 4 Iso's at the couplings. I have checked all is connected and they are... I am not sure what else I could possibly try...

Message 6 of 18
Rich.O.3d

did you make the half couple or get it from an existing catalogue

I remember having an issue with them when i made them...i think i ended up copying an olet and making my own

CAD Management 101:
Message 7 of 18
tarrynd
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

The Half coupling was actually brought through from the AutoPlant Specs.

Thank you. I am have also contacted ask the expert, Jarrod Mudford, and he has provided me with the same solution, I will test this out on my side today and report back on my results.

Message 8 of 18
Rich.O.3d

ahhh..Muddies on the case......he will get you sorted

CAD Management 101:
Message 9 of 18
tht7763

Hi tarrynd,

I have exactly same problem splitted drawings with half couplings.

Could you pls report back your solution? 

Is it solved by making up an olet?

many thanks!

Message 10 of 18
tarrynd

Hi There

Yes creating my Half couplings as OLETS sorted out my problems. It was a bit of a long way around because instead of creating a half coupling in my spec with only the size on my half coupling i had to create mutiple olets because with olets you need to specify both of the connecting components sizes. So for my 25mm Half coupling, I had to create 25x50, 25x65, 25x80, 25x100, etc etc olets. But in the end they work well and my ISO's are pulled correctly.

hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tarryn

Message 11 of 18
bmv1365

hi

In fact, i think u created a olet not a half cplg, and it is not the soloution.you could to change the description of a sockolet to "half coupling ..." u see a sockolet shape in p3d but half coupling in bom . but it is not correct to do that.

Message 12 of 18
forrester

Spoiler

We seem to have a general problem with iso splitting. We have tried all the recommended solutions on the forums, like cfg file alteration, cut list deletion, force onto one iso- slider bar adjustment, larger drawing sheets(not a solution)  and we still are getting abnormal splitting occuring. We run the iso genration software again and different splitting occurs between tender and construction drawings (no improvement though). We cannot ship drawings like this, they are just not usable. We have upgraded to P3D 2013 with a little improvement but no solution. Having moved from Cadworx to Plant 3D This is really frustrating we are losing time and creditSmiley Madability with our client. I include a simple example. This should be one iso but it is split into 3. The missing pipes are pulled as just one pipe iso per drawing. Very frustrating. The stubbed in Pipe are all identical.

We need to completed this project and this is holding us up. There are hudreds of isos generated in this way.

Autodesk are letting us down with this software.

Forrester de Beer

Principle Engineer

Message 13 of 18
tarrynd
in reply to: forrester

Hi Forrester

Have you tried changing the Symbol and Annotation Scales in the Iso Themes dialogue box? Smaller Symbols and annotations mean more objects will be able to fit on the Iso.

Kind Regards,

Tarryn de Magalhaes

Message 14 of 18
bmv1365

Hi

One Of the greatest problem is this : p3d stretches the pipes to cover "DRAW AREA".and it often NO NEED.

is there any way to repair that?

thanks

Message 15 of 18
tarrynd
in reply to: bmv1365

Hi Forrester

Have you tried decresing the size of the draw area in the Title Block Setup, limiting the area in which the Iso will be generated on?

Kind Regards

Tarryn

Message 16 of 18
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: forrester

the only way I have found to get consistent ISO splitting (ie the same section of pipe is on the same dawing number each time) is to add split points to my model, Ive answered this question previously on the forums, a quick search should find my full ramblings

CAD Management 101:
Message 17 of 18
kamel.rhilitz

this is one of the thing i hate on plant 3D, isometric generation, it s a real nightmare.

Message 18 of 18
kepinski
in reply to: kamel.rhilitz

its also nightmare in 2022 ... but Autodesk have introduced cloud space instead..... 😁 

With PDS from 1990 and DOS you get better  result "ISO's" as with Plant3D 202x

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost