AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iso operator in bom

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
daniel
985 Views, 8 Replies

iso operator in bom

is there a way to call up valve operator calls in the bom (bill of materieals) on iso's??

great lengths to make different operator symbols but none are called in iso's! 

help!!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Can you be to send us a screenshot of your requirement. This would help to troubleshoot the issue better. 

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 9

Here you go.

I would like operator types for valves in the iso bill of materieals.

(as the same valve has different operators attached to it)

thanks

daniel

Message 4 of 9

Thanks for the screenshot. Your screenshot is confusing me. Do you want the actuators to be separate in the BOM or added to the valve body. Which one is your request ?

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 5 of 9

Hello

i'd pefer them to be scheduled seperatly

thanks

daniel

Message 6 of 9

Actuators are not separated by Nominal Diameter but Valves are grouped under ND. Actuators are grouped by their sizes. You can turn off actuators in BOM but you can't show it in BOM separately at the moment.

Vinod Balasubramanian

Message 7 of 9

i cant turn them on in the bom, can you show me how???

please.

daniel

Message 8 of 9

What we are trying to do is have the iso constructed from two SKEY's one a valve body & one an actuator (lever, wheel, geared etc) with one of the two these two options happing when iso is run

1) have the valve display differently for each combination of valve body/actuator, not just lump all the same valve body togeather with no actuator type called

2) have same valve bodies grouped togeather called with seperate BOM entry calls for actuators

Message 9 of 9
TheCadGuyDavid
in reply to: daniel

Hey guys... I might be able to help here. Basically the program is designed the thought that people want to use the same actuators for the same valve bodies. This is a horrible assumption, but one must work with what the program does. So, with that being said. One should make a list of actuaters and valves seperately, start making special actuator assignments to each of the valve bodies, and (in the catalog) end up with 7+ duplicates of the same valves with different actuator assignments (in the BOM and physically on the valve).

Then one must make a special SKEY for each iteration of a valve with another actuator. Hopefully that does not put you above 600 iterations, because that looks like the limit in the skey library. Just to be on the safe side, I am going to get rid of the defaults in the program (that won't be used) before I start using this extensively.

I made a SKEY Generator, using an excel sheet to facilitate it. I am pretty sure there is no duplicates in the file. I basically used a duplicate rule in excel that highlighted all the SKEYs that repeated and removed all repeats as I added them. This sheet generates the code that you would put in the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml in the isometric folder of your project. Make sure to place the 3 basic codes carefully so that you don't make the xml impossible to navigate.

Go to said XML file and check out what that is all about. The Excel sheet will reflect the default values and then you can take it from there.

Here is how it works:

1. make a valve symbol reference to the AcadBlock in the IsoSymbolStyles.dwg

2. place the valve actuator skey and AcadBlock definition that you want the block to have

note: the SkeyMap code that links the valve block and actuator together in the iso

3. Copy and paste the three codes in the correct locations

No typos allowed. 😉

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Shoot... I forgot that the forum does not allow for attachments. Is there anyone interested in this Excel file? If so, tell me how to get it to you.

Thanks,

David R

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost