AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iso message without dimension

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
ohlson
1565 Views, 17 Replies

iso message without dimension

When i place a iso-message Plant 3D always draw dimensions to the message on the isometric even when I don't check the the "Draw dimension to message". Anyone who know why? 

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Dan.Scales
in reply to: ohlson

Hi,

This behaviour should not occur if you install Plant 3D 2015 Extension 1.

Could you install the extension and re-test?

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 18
ohlson
in reply to: Dan.Scales

I have Plant 3d 2014,  Can i really  install Plant 3D 2015 Extension 1 on 2014 ? 

Message 4 of 18
Dan.Scales

Hi,

It looks like this is caused by the having String type dimensions enabled for Miscellaneous fitting.

Could you deselect the option highlighted below and retest?

ISOmessage.png

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 18
ohlson

It worked thanks. 

thanks 

Message 6 of 18
BSchwartzkopf

That's not really a good solution though because we need other items that fall under the miscellaneous fittings category dimensioned(I assume). What I mean by that is what actually falls under the miscellaneous fittings category? Is there a list of items in this category?

I would like to know if there is some xml programming that we can put in to not allow the iso messages to be dimensioned since the check box doesn't work?

Message 7 of 18

I agree with @BSchwartzkopf  - it's not a solution! I need to display some dimension of iso message and some don't.

"Draw domension to message" check box doesn't work and this is a real problem.

Adnotacja 2020-01-15 123724.png

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 18
jabowabo
in reply to: izabela_dreksler

There is an ‘UNDIMENSIONED’ property you can use to filter. It will require some xml edits similar to below - you’ll have to look carefully at your isoconfig file to find where to make the modifications.

<AnchorPoint Name="IsoMessage" Enabled="true" Filter="MsgDimensioned">
                <EndPoints>
                  <EndPoint EndPointType="Center" />
                </EndPoints>
              </AnchorPoint>

<Filter Name="MsgDimensioned" Value="Type LIKE 'MESSAGE*' AND UNDIMENSIONED IS NULL" />
Message 9 of 18
DACOMA3
in reply to: jabowabo

I'm in the same boat, I want iso message dimensions displayed only when the checkbox is checked on, and not when its unchecked. Would we delete "AND UNDIMENSIONED IS NULL" to the filter below:?

<EndPoints>
                </EndPoints>
              </AnchorPoint>

<Filter Name="MsgDimensioned" Value="Type LIKE 'MESSAGE*' AND UNDIMENSIONED IS NULL" />

Message 10 of 18
jabowabo
in reply to: DACOMA3

@DACOMA3 wrote:

I'm in the same boat, I want iso message dimensions displayed only when the checkbox is checked on, and not when its unchecked. Would we delete "AND UNDIMENSIONED IS NULL" to the filter below:?

<EndPoints>
                </EndPoints>
              </AnchorPoint>

Try this (untested):

<Filter Name="MsgDimensioned" Value="Type LIKE 'MESSAGE*' AND UNDIMENSIONED NOT NULL" />
Message 11 of 18
DACOMA3

I actually did try that as well as other versions of that.  I even went as far as to delete all 7 references of "IsoMessage" in the XML and deleted the "MsgDimensioned" filter.  No matter what it still automates a reference dimension to the iso message.  The only thing that works is unchecking Miscellaneous Fittings, which isn't a solution since we need certain miscellaneous fittings to be dimensioned.  

Message 12 of 18
jabowabo

It's possible you're not looking at the right Theme/Dimension/Filter. Go through each one and disable (Enabled=false) the dimension until you know for sure you've got it. Then check the filter it is using and modify it or create a different one as needed. You can also set the filter to be based on the text content of the message:

Ex:

<Filter Name="MessageTieInPoint" Value="Type='MESSAGE' AND (TEXT LIKE 'TP*')" />

Message 13 of 18
DACOMA3

I thought that might be the case as well but I just Disabled (Enabled="false") all 7  instances of the AnchorPoint Name= "IsoMessage" and the dimension still comes out. And they are all using the same filter "Filter Name="MsgDimensioned".  Disabling the AnchorPoint should have done the trick but it seems like its sill being governed by Miscellaneous Fittings. Going to maybe try something with Exclusions. 

Message 14 of 18
jabowabo

If they are all disabled, then there is a different dimension rule in the isoconfig file that is responsible. You need to narrow it down to that one and check its filter. Misc Fitttings is just a GUI presentation of the xml code.

Message 15 of 18
DACOMA3

The only mention of  "IsoMessage" dimensioning type is referencing the filter "MsgDimensioned".  I found no other rule that references either.  Still, the only way I've found to disable it is by turning off the Misc-Fittings being dimensioned which again is not a solution.  I found no other solution on the forums. 

Message 16 of 18
jabowabo

@DACOMA3 wrote:

The only mention of  "IsoMessage" dimensioning type is referencing the filter "MsgDimensioned".  I found no other rule that references either.  Still, the only way I've found to disable it is by turning off the Misc-Fittings being dimensioned which again is not a solution.  I found no other solution on the forums. 

If the Misc-Fittings rule is driving it then its filter is the one that needs tweaked. You'll have to figure out which one it is and add something like this:

AND Type NOT 'MESSAGE' 

Message 17 of 18
Garrett.Brothers

Daniel (DACOMA3),

Which version of Plant are you running?  It appears to be fixed in 2020.  At the very least, it works for me.

This is what I started with.  Note that "Testing" is dimensioned while "Test2" is not.  This agrees with the settings I made in each checkbox; everything works properly.

Testing onto forums.png

Testing onto forums.png

Testing onto forums.png

I then went into IsoConfig.xml and disabled the IsoMessage AnchorPoint for the string dimension type of the default theme.  The iso no longer generated dimensions for "Testing."

Testing onto forums.png

Testing onto forums.png

What I'd like to know is this:

• When you examine the iso messages in the 3D model using the properties palette, do the Show Location Dimension values match what you'd expect them to be?
  • What version of Plant are you running?
  • When you went into IsoConfig.xml, were you editing the right style?  Did you do the same thing I did, editing the default theme, string dimension type, IsoMessage anchor point?

If none of the above bullet points matches your issues, I have no idea what could be going wrong.  I suspect that either this was a recent fix (within the last four months) or somehow the Show Locating Dimension property wasn't set correctly using the checkbox when you first placed the iso message in the model.

Hopefully this helps.

Message 18 of 18
DACOMA3
in reply to: Garrett.Brothers

@Garrett.Brothers 

Thank you for taking the time to investigate this issue that I am still having.

To answer your questions I am using the 2018 version. And yes, when I look at the Show Locating Dimension property in the 3D model the value is set to "No".  Again, I went into the XML and changed the IsoMessage to Enabled = false for ALL themes just to be sure an the message still gets dimensioned.  I've tried everything I can think of in regards to tweaking the rules in the xml and still no dice.  Only thing that works is to disable Miscellaneous fittings in the String dimension type which again is not a solution for me.  This definitely has to be a bug for this version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost