AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Gen Time Cut Off

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
janp
867 Views, 7 Replies

Iso Gen Time Cut Off

Hi Everyone,

Is there a way to change the the maximum time cut off for the isometric generator from 30 minutes to say like 5 minutes. If the Iso is not generating in 5 minutes then there is a problem, and when an Iso takes 30 minutes and comes up with nothing at the end it is very demotivating. 

I have changed timelimits in the isoconfig file so that each are only on 100, which has had no effect on the overall processing time.

Waiting 30 minutes for nothing is just unacceptable. On a side note i realise that if my iso's are being cut off, then there is a problem with the line and needs to be addressed, but if you unsuccessfully trouble shoot the line and run the iso again you are in for another coffee break that yeilds no result. That is when bosses start to get edgy.

If this is a hard coded item then please may the devs reduce this time period.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian
in reply to: janp

Hi,

I would need some additional information to understand your issue better.

Do you seeing the slowness while generating quick iso or production iso.

What release of Plant 3D are you using ?.

Are you facing this problem while working with a particular model. If so, can you able to share it with us ?

Looking forward to your inputs.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 8
Arun_Kumar_K

It takes time around 1 to 3 min not 30 min, sometimes error in generation takes time like u said, hope that will be resolved in upcoming version.
Message 4 of 8
janp
in reply to: VinodBalasubramanian

HI Vinod,

Thanks for the reply i was out of the system yesterday.

To answer your questions:

I am using 2014 release with extension 2 installed.

The iso times out at 30 mins on both production and quick iso (when using line number to select or select in the model). I have successfully run a partial quick iso on the line and tried to use this a way to find the problem, but it only times out when i select the last part of the pipe line, so i figured that the problem part, so i included that in another partial iso and it genereated successfully. So i cant really narrow down the problem.

I dont belive that the model is the problem, but i cant share it regardless. Besides this post was a question more angled at the time it takes for an iso to finally time out if it cant run, not really about fixing the issue with the pipeline, that i am pretty well versed at now. I just dont want to run the iso and wait 30 minutes after thinking i have cured the line, and then repeat the same process. It could easily take a full day just to fix one pipeline because of the time it takes for the iso to time out.

Like i said if at the moment there i no way to control the iso time cut off, then please could that be an option in the future, either through isoconfig.xml or project setup, 30 minutes is way too long.

I really enjoy this software i think it is developing very well, and the devs deserve a big up for the good work they are doing, but there is much room for improvement, and i think this is definately a needed improvement.

Thank you again for your response. Have a good day further.

Message 5 of 8
janp

This issue is still not resolved, it would be nice to know what can be done here.

Message 6 of 8
VinodBalasubramanian

Do you see this problem on any model that you generate isometric. If not, can you share a sample model where i can see and reproduce the performance issue.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 8
justin.raju

I am facing the same issue and taking too much time on the ISO generation. Its around 15 to 30 minutes on production iso. I am using Plant 3D 2017 version and any way to reduce the time delay?

Message 8 of 8

Any suggestion to make this waiting time shorter?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost