AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Extraction problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
paragnewe
898 Views, 8 Replies

Iso Extraction problem

Dear All,

I am using same iso style for generating Quick Iso and Production Iso. (I am not sure what is basic difference in QUICK ISO and PRODUCTION ISO)

But while generating of ISO from "QUICK ISO" Line definitions and other attributes are not appear on drawing while if i generate same iso wih same style but from "PRODUCTION ISO" it shows me all the fields and other data which should be on iso drawing.

From "QUICK ISO" drawing file name is also not coming. is shows "UserDefinedLine-1" where as if i extract same from "PRODUCTION ISO" it is showing drawing name also.

Please see attached snap.

-Regards
Prag
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
jabowabo
in reply to: paragnewe

Production isos are constrained to one particular line group so you only get one set of 'P3d Line Group' properties.  Quick isos can drop with multiple line groups so the iso engine has no way of knowing which set of line group properties you want to use so it uses none.

If you only drop one line with Quick iso it should probably pick up the properties but unfortunately it does not.

Message 3 of 9
paragnewe
in reply to: jabowabo

@jabowabo wrote:

Production isos are constrained to one particular line group so you only get one set of 'P3d Line Group' properties.  Quick isos can drop with multiple line groups so the iso engine has no way of knowing which set of line group properties you want to use so it uses none.

If you only drop one line with Quick iso it should probably pick up the properties but unfortunately it does not.

Thanks Jabowabo for your reply.

but for same project, earlier it shows me all line number as well as tags for isos which were extracted from QUICK ISO.

Suddenly from yesterday it is behaving like this.

so I thought to take expert opinion. 

-Regards
Prag
Message 4 of 9
patpat79

QUICK ISO = Iso used for checking, shows "almost" all of the lines property "BOM, Isometric Line Config but uses USERDEFINEDLINE as line number.

PRODUCTIONISO = Iso for Issuance, normally outputs all the Line property including LDT, BOM, ISO line Config using its own Line number.

As per your attachment. The title block attributes, are they LDT, manually inputted or from your Plant3D property? thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 9
paragnewe
in reply to: patpat79

@patpat79 wrote:

QUICK ISO = Iso used for checking, shows "almost" all of the lines property "BOM, Isometric Line Config but uses USERDEFINEDLINE as line number.

PRODUCTIONISO = Iso for Issuance, normally outputs all the Line property including LDT, BOM, ISO line Config using its own Line number.

As per your attachment. The title block attributes, are they LDT, manually inputted or from your Plant3D property? thanks.

John,

Those attributes are LTD. I have mapped those for respective Iso Style. 

I have import those from Excel sheet to Data manager. Those are not mannually entered. 

( Note :- 3D project is not connected with ACAD P&ID.)

-Regards
Prag
Message 6 of 9
patpat79

As i had pressumed, those are LDT imported from excel. Now, what's your problem again? thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 9
paragnewe

In quick iso, why i cannot see those Line attributes and Line number? 

where as earlier those were appear in QUICK iso. I dont know why those are disappear in later stage..

-Regards
Prag
Message 8 of 9
patpat79

Actually, the question is, why those appear in your QuickISO in the first place. Since 2012, in our quick ISO, it is always Userdefined LineNumber, and our LDT setup never appear in quickISO. As I remember, our machine in those days were so slow, thats why it is best for us to use quickISO for checking our Lines. Because in those days, Production ISO with LDT properties import takes our machine 30mins per Line, that slow. So, i dont know why proper output appears in your quickISO. Thanks and sorry for i could not answer your question.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 9 of 9
paragnewe

never mind John.. 🙂 

you are always keen to give proper answer.. 

i appreciate that. 

I am using ACAD 2014 and i will try to examin my ISO from Production iso..

-Regards
Prag

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost