AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Config Editor Released!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
dave.wolfe
1484 Views, 6 Replies

Iso Config Editor Released!

We have just released the Iso Config Editor for 2013: http://www.pdoteam.com/2012/04/iso-config-editor-introduction/

It's a specialized editor that allows you to make changes in your isoconfig.xml easily.

Here's a YouTube video showing what it does:

http://youtu.be/ChDacVNvDpg?hd=1

Here's a link to the readme:

http://www.pdoteam.com/downloads/Iso+Config+Editor+Documentation

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
krisharun84
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Whether it is coming along with Autocad 2013?
Message 3 of 7
dave.wolfe

Sorry, about that...it is available in our online store...

http://www.pdoteam.com/store/iso-configuration-editor/

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 7
daLeed

Iso Config Editor is quite helpful

HOWEVER the main problems seems to lie within PLANT 3D

many of the variables have little or no effect on controlling isometric output - except making it take much longer with no improvement in layout options.

The main culprit seems to be Symbols Placeholder="MissingIsoSymbolPlaceholder" Scale="xx"

altering the scale that blocks are represented/inserted should not have such a drastic effect on how the available free space is considered

making the scale smaller should not cram all the objects together (piping supports) into a smaller lump (with massive space free in the drawing)

When the majority of pipe runs are probably horizontal there needs to be simple variables to reduce dominance of the vertical runs

yes altering congestion can help but then all the isometrics that came out good are not so good - to help the one that was dodgey.

I have used manual break points - lets faceit the isometric blocks out of the box look like they were drawn by a beginner (or scaled from imperial)

I like using Plant 3D but our main output is going to be A3 isometrics - I find if difficult to recommend Plant 3D based on the length of time it takes to get consistent output

Message 5 of 7
PeterQuinn
in reply to: daLeed

I am puzzled by the comment about the iso symbols. We have one set of iso symbols. They are used for both metric and imperial drawings. I couldn't tell you if they were drawn in metric or imperial (the guy who made them was in Canada). Technically they are unitless and are usually drawn at one unit so they can be scaled.

Do you mean you don't like the scale they are drawn with? I have to say it's too hard to figure out where to change the scale factors, but that is something we are working on. We are also working on providing better out of the box defaults and could use some good metric examples. Are you interested in giving us some guidance on what looks good to you?

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 7
patpat79

Scale factors can be changed in the blocks property itself, I mean changing the block used for iso directly is what we have done so far. But if setting blocks scale as a whole seems to be a good help

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 7 of 7
dave.wolfe
in reply to: patpat79

Each theme also has a scale factor. Can you start a new thread for this topic?

Dave Wolfe

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost