AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Iso Block attribute definition

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
561 Views, 2 Replies

Iso Block attribute definition

Hi everybody,

i am a piping engineer in oil & gas company

my query is that i have made a pressure gauge 3d part, i inserted it into my spec through the spec editor then i created an iso symbol for it called PressureIndicator, also i edited the xml file to make a link between 3d part and iso symbol till now everything is working fine.

all i need i want to make an attribute inside the pressure gauge symbol "XX" to be taken from the model.

for example the "XX" inside the pressure gauge symbol will be replaced by the material field of the 3d model

in other words when i write into the material text field "010" it will be appeared into the isometric drawing and to substitute the "XX" with the "010" inside the material textfield

Your Reply Will Be Highly Appreicated

thanx in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not sure that it is possible to add attributes in an iso symbol.

And the other problem is that the system always rotates and mirrores the symbol to show them in iso skew plane. I have a solenod valve symbol with a single "S" text in it, and that is always shown wrong in the ISO.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 3
TheCadGuyDavid
in reply to: Anonymous

The best thing to do for any ISO symbol is to completely avoid text. Period. Also, for some reason the ISO dwt also does not appreciate the use of attributes in even the ISO.dwt. Basically, one should stay away from using any attributes other than the ones given in plant3d. My advice for the S is to make a spline in the block that resembles the S, instead of using text. And... attributes? Well... just don't do it in any of the blocks. Sorry. Not happening.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost