AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insulation display

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K
663 Views, 4 Replies

Insulation display

My vendor is using Cadison software.

We use Plant3d, they are asking for .SAT format to keep our model in their model for foul check.

There is no direction conversion available in plant 3d to convert to .SAT format.

There is a workaround, We have to do two process.

1. export to a Autocad
2. From the above converted dwg file, convert to .sat.

Here when exporting to Autocad, the insulation display is not coming.

My vendor requesting for .sat with insulation display. how to bring this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hussain
in reply to: Arun_Kumar_K

Does Cadison inherit the properties from plant 3D? In any case the output drawing would be in dwg format then why export to autocad. By using this command it would become autocad 3d objects.

If cadison take all properties from plant 3d drawing then we can check why insulation is not coming in it. 

Regards,

Message 3 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: hussain

You can't directly view the plant 3d drawings in plain Autocad unless one installed plant3d object enablers. You will notice the fittings in wireframe.

You can do this experiment.

Message 4 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K

Vendor wants to keep my model as xref.

If he keeps my direct plant 3d file, all the fittings will be in visibility of wireframe. Hence I have to convert to dwg. But insulation is not coming.
Message 5 of 5
MSpadaro

hi,is there any new concerniong the insulation in the exported dwg file? we have the same problem.

When you give out the 3D model to company involved in the pipe support construction you must have the insulation visible.

thanks

mauro

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost