AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect bolt lengths in the Isogen-BOM

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kccs1
1160 Views, 3 Replies

Incorrect bolt lengths in the Isogen-BOM

Hi !

I have the following problem concerning "Bolt-lenghts":

If flange connections require different bolt-lengths (for example standard flange connection vs. longer bolts for butterfly-wafer-style), they appear correctly in the data-manager as well as in the properties of the bolts. So far so good.

BUT:

After producing the isometric-drawing, the bolts in the BOM suddenly do all have the same length.

I found out, that the bolts do not have separate item-codes. If you manually insert item-codes for each different boltgroup, the BOM will be correct.

But this very annoying work in a big project.

Is there a better way to solve the problem ?

Thanks

Josef

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
mike.sims
in reply to: kccs1

I have a similar issue. But with my BOM the bolts are different lengths, but they are all about 1" too long from standard bolt size charts. Is there a chart somewhere I could check for these sizes?

Message 3 of 4
ericjdj
in reply to: kccs1

Hello,

We have actually the same kind of problem, we have bolts with boltlength. 

But it doesnt show on the ISO. Only the long description (familiy name) is shown. And we have different sizes of pipes. So also the bolts differ in size per flange. This can not be done with the long description (family name).

Actualy we should be able to show the "long description (size)".  In this field we have entered the length of the bolt, and more data regarding the bolt. 

How can we show this field " long description (size) " on the iso? 

Regards,

Eric

Tags (1)
Message 4 of 4
Bob
Participant
in reply to: ericjdj

Hello,

You will have to add that field from the Project Settings-Configure titleblock to the BOM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost