AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can not assign Tag in any Pipe Line

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
batone79
3097 Views, 4 Replies

I can not assign Tag in any Pipe Line

Hi to everyone...

Well I have a big problem assign tag to a Pipe line when I try to do this appear a error: (ACADP3D 2012)

"NO TAG FORMAT AVAILABLE FOR THIS COMPONENT"

(I show you in .img added)

1.-I routed a new line with unasigned Pipe number, when select Pipe Line I go to properties and I asign a "Pipe Line Number" (005), well after do this, in properties with pipe line selected, I go to the Properties again at "Tag" above "Pipe Line Number" and try to asign one, and the error wrote above appear.

2.- I try to assign tag in Data Manager / Piping and Equipment / Piping Run Component / Pipe, Double click on Tag Column and the error wrote above appear again.

3.- I deleted all, and I start Routed Pipe from P&ID Line List, I select the line to route and click in Place Item and I start to route pipe, and keep the Line Number but can not apply a Tag.

What I do wrong? or,  What Can I Do?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
milic.srdjan
in reply to: batone79

Halo...  Smiley Happy

I think that is not possible to assign TAG ONLY to a pipe, let say only piece of pipe... Smiley Surprised.

You must assign LINE TAG NUMBER to process line...

Because the pipe line, with a components (as valve, flange, etc...) have the same TAG number....

If You wish to make tag, only for a pipe, NOT PIPE LINE, that is another story....

I hope that I help a little bit Smiley Very Happy

Srdjan

Message 3 of 5
BuddyLegnon

The best practice for assigning line numbers is to set your line number before you begin to model it. modeling unassigned line numbers and then going back to line number tag them is more tideous.

If you have already modeled your lines, turn off all layers but your line number, selelct all componenets and properties those items to get a chance to assign line number tag.

it has been my experience that modeling one line at a time, with the line number preset always delivered best results.

after modeling one line - drop an isometric on that line to ensure its it good working order.

Buddy Legnon

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button (you must be logged in). This helps everyone find answers more quickly.
Message 4 of 5
batone79
in reply to: milic.srdjan

Hi, thanks for your Quick Replay...

I See and after read to milic.srdian I understand that in 3D Model Routing Pipe each LIne Pipe has got a Line Number Tag or Line Number Process but not Tag as draw before in the P&id.

I don´t know I need to try it but,  my Question is,

can you have two same line process numbers in the same project?, AP3D allows it to?

Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
milic.srdjan

Yes, I think that You can have the same line number, but that It is the same pipe line...

Or If You have some TAG standard, then You can have same line number, but different TAG NUMBER

Like...

2"-P-150-0233-AX23-H (process)

10"-W-150-0233-AX23-P (water)

Srdjan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost