AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to spot a user who has opened a project

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
berucheva
471 Views, 4 Replies

How to spot a user who has opened a project

Hello,

i've been experiencing a problem with project setup. The problem is i can't run Project Setup if another user has opened the project.

Let's get into more detail.

if a user has opened a drawing, i can see him in Project Manager. Thus i can spot him and tell him to close the project in order to set it up. So far, so good.

Now imagine that a user has opened a project but hasn't opened a single project drawing. I can't see him in Project Manager. Nevertheless he blocks the project from being re-setup via Project Setup. I mean I can neither run Project Setup, no find out who has opened and blocked the project.

I'd like to know if there's a way to spot a user who has opened (and thus blocked) a project without opening a project drawing.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
PatrickByrne
in reply to: berucheva

This might help in the future. If you make the file projSymbolStyle.dwg read only then the next time they go to alter the project properties it will greyed out.

Message 3 of 5
berucheva
in reply to: PatrickByrne

I solved this problem. By edit C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 - Russian\ru-RU\DisplayNames.xml

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe

Can you clarify how you modified this to solve your problem? 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
berucheva

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost