AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a single miter in pipe at an odd angle.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
TWROGERS
2069 Views, 6 Replies

How to make a single miter in pipe at an odd angle.

Working for paper mills, they tend to want to save money by using a miter to connect two pipes without using a fitting (one weld, two pipes, zero fittings). Ex... Two pipes cut at 11.25 degrees, rolled at an odd angle, with one weld, to make a 22.5 deg bend.  Can anyone explain how to create this in ACAD Plant 3D? I need this ASAP.  If I need to be more specific please ask. 

- The photo is just solids.

Thanks

34.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TRdesigner82
in reply to: TWROGERS

What did you end up doing here? We need to do the same thing...

Message 3 of 7
TWROGERS
in reply to: TRdesigner82

Unfortinutly Autocad has not made this possible in Plant3D. The job that I needed to do this did not require ISO's so I ended up just modeling them as cut back ell's and on my orthos i had to use the wipeout command and fake it in. It's probably not the solution that you were wanting but its all there is as of 2014 Plant that I'm aware of.

Message 4 of 7
jvicenteUDC63

Hi, have you found any solution for this issue?

I need do the same now....

Message 5 of 7
jw7018
in reply to: jvicenteUDC63

We've had to "fake-it" in the rare instance it was required. 

Message 6 of 7
jvicenteUDC63
in reply to: jw7018

What meaning your "fake-it"... 

With this solution we can guarantee just one weld representation on ISO?

Message 7 of 7
Michiel.Valcke

@jvicenteUDC63 , "fake-it" probably means making a custom part (elbow) with the correct angle each time such a miter is needed.

In theory you can make a python script that will allow you to create a custom elbow with that geometry, and that will be parametically adaptable after placing it.  There are several people on these forums that offer such services and that can help you with that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost