AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Valve tags to isometric?? Plant 3D 2012

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Slepe
6820 Views, 9 Replies

How to get Valve tags to isometric?? Plant 3D 2012

Hellou!

From the setup I have changed Valve annotations to Text only w/leader for control valves as to Non-control valves but isometrics doesn't show valve tag numbers??

I have also tried to change setup to something else with no effect.

Is there some athor setup for tags what I kind locate or is there somekind bug?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pipejoe
in reply to: Slepe

Hi.

I have the same problem. I don't get the valve tags out onto the isometric drawing.

Did you manage to solve the problem? If so, how?

Joe

Message 3 of 10
Slepe

I haven't yet solved this problem. Not even close

Message 4 of 10
karthik.nathan

Hi,

I just tried it and it seems to work for me. Can you attach the PCF that is used to generate the iso and maybe i can take a look? Or, if you can open up the PCF file and search for the valve in question and make sure it has a 'TAG' attribute explicitly specified, like below ...

Control Valve

-karthik

Message 5 of 10
Slepe
in reply to: karthik.nathan

All Control valves are shown but not "basic"valves. In attachments you can see the problem and PCF of the line. Valve tags in the isometric should be VS 1 301 and VS 1 300

Message 6 of 10
karthik.nathan

Ah ha! Thanks for PCF. I managed to figure it out. The valves without tag annotations are identified as being part of a vent/drain ... and the vent/drain theme in the iso styles by default have no tag annotations for valves. The Annotation settings dialog in Plant 3D only controls the 'Default' theme. This is unlike the Dimension settings dialog where you can change dimension settings for all themes (Default, Small bore, Vent/Drain, etc.)

To get tag annotations in the vent/drain theme, you will need to go into IsoConfig.xml. Find the Themes/VentDrainPipingTheme/Annotations/AnnotationSchemes node in the xml. Under that node, add the following two lines ...

<ComponentScheme Name="Tag" AnnotationStyle="WipeCircle" Grouping="true" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="AsNeeded" Filter="Valve" Fields="TAG" />
<ComponentScheme Name="InstrumentTag" AnnotationStyle="WipeCircle" Tag="XX" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="Instrument" Fields="TAG" />

You'll find these two lines in the 'Default' theme also (so essentially you're duplicating these in the vent/drain theme).

This should start giving you tag annotations for valves and instruments that are part of vent/drain piping as well. Hope this helps 🙂

-Karthik

Message 7 of 10
Slepe

This didn't help. I send my isoconfig.xml to here if that helps.

Message 8 of 10
karthik.nathan

Ah, you added those annotations to the small bore piping theme (this won't do any harm but is not needed as small-bore piping theme derives its settings from the Default theme unless an override is specified).

I've edited and attached the isoconfig.xml file where i added the annotations to the vent/drain piping theme instead, which is what you need. Try it out and let me know.

Thanks,

Karthik

Message 9 of 10
Slepe

Yes. this worked. I putted line to wrong place. Thank you very much.

Message 10 of 10

I added the lines, but it didn't help. I sent my isoconfig.xml here, maybe you can have a look. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost