AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Elbow/Bend angles to isometric?? Plant 3D 2012

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Slepe
3690 Views, 4 Replies

How to get Elbow/Bend angles to isometric?? Plant 3D 2012

Hellou!

Is it possible to get elbow/bend angles to isometric drawing with leader or under the part number?

Customer is asking those angles for the bend machine

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ybogdanov
in reply to: Slepe

In default settings the elbows are separated in two types: normal elbow (90º) and cutback elbow (anyº). And in the BOM list are indicated the angle, and in the data manager too. But if you have this option disconnect, you can enter in the Project Setup, go to final category of iso settings and enter to the setup iso layout (don't remember exactly name of the bottom). In the next screen enter to the Table Setup, and in the final label activate the option of cutback elbows.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 5
Slepe

I tried that but it doesn't work? and also if possible I don't want it on the table. I it possible I want it as in picture on attachments.

Message 4 of 5
Adsk_amitb

Yes, this is possible BUT currently not configurable through the UI. You will need to modify the "IsoConfig.xml" file as follows -

Locate the <ComponentScheme ...> section as follows -

<Themes>

<Theme Name="Default">

<Annotations ...>

<AnnotationSchemes>

<ComponentScheme ...>

<ComponentScheme ...>

Add a new component scheme by copy-pasting the following line -

<ComponentScheme Name="CutbackAngle" AnnotationStyle="Standard" Format="{0}°" Enabled="true" Grouping="true" Alignment="FlatHorizontal" LeaderStyle="Always" Filter="CutbackElbow" Fields="ANGLE" />

If you wish to stop displaying pipe bends/elbows, just change value of the Enabled attribute above from "true" to "false". If you want some text to be displayed along with the angle value, add it to the Format attribute above.

Now, locate the <Filters> section (at the end of IsoConfig.xml) and add a new filter for elbows/pipe bends by copy-pasting the following line -

<Filter Name="CutbackElbow" Value="(Type = 'Elbow' OR Type='Bend') AND NOT ANGLE IS NULL AND [ANGLE] &lt;&gt; 9000 AND [ANGLE] &lt;&gt; 18000" />

Upon iso regeneration, pipe bends/elbows will be annotated EXCEPT if the angle is 0, 90 or 180 deg (obvious and more common values which will add to the clutter). Also, the angle value will be displayed in hundreds e.g. 85 deg will be displayed as 8500 ° on the drawing.

Message 5 of 5
Slepe
in reply to: Adsk_amitb

this helped a lot. Only problem is that angle values are displayed as hundreds. Nevertheless I can get some info from the elbow.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost