AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Create "Rubber Expansion Joints" in my Spec Editor

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
batone79
2964 Views, 5 Replies

How To Create "Rubber Expansion Joints" in my Spec Editor

Hi again to everyone,

My Question today is how to create "Rubber Expansion Joints" in my Spec Editor, because.....

1.- I draw all 3D models and plantpartconverteD to add as Custom Parts in my catalog.

2.- When I click in Create New Component,  I don´t find the Piping Component in any Component Category to add.

3.- Where did you add this important component, if you did?

4.- What can I do?

Thanks and you can help me.....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JRPalmer
in reply to: batone79

I placed it in the category of Coupling. It do not think it matters what Component Category, or Pipiping Component you put it under, the only thing those decide is where it gets placed in a spec file.

Message 3 of 6
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: JRPalmer

the category will also dictate where it lists in the data manager for you valve/component schedules

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 4 of 6
batone79

Thanks so much JRPalmer & Richos69for your quick replay.

I see...when I go to create Flowmeters, I will need to do the same as Rubber Expansion Joints.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
david.flores

I know this is an old post, but I recently had the same issue. I created my expansion joints in the same manner as mentioned in the post, but I added the expansion joints as a coupling component in the Fittings Part Category to my Custom Catalog. I added the expansion joints to my spec and everything worked fine. 

Message 6 of 6
lcowans
in reply to: david.flores

A couple questions for you:

• Did you create a Block based on the expansion joint specs or use flanges and pipe to do so then block the plant3d components? 
  • Will I need to make a separate expansion joint for every size i need (2"-24") and do the same steps over and over?
  • Can Expansion Joints be dynamic?  Can i set the length when placed in model or is the length always fixed?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost