AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect JIS FLANGE to ANSI PIPE OD any pipe connection joint setting?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3253 Views, 5 Replies

How to connect JIS FLANGE to ANSI PIPE OD any pipe connection joint setting?

In the event when a different standard component is introduced into an establish pipe line class, can this be done so that the correct component is captured in the BOM?
Eg. If line class "ABC" specifies ANSI 150# with ANSI std pipe OD, however ONE component supplied for this line is only available in JIS standard which has a different dimension for welding to the pipe (i.e. JAPANESE pipe OD), hence to accomodate this component, custom made flange with welding dimensions matching ANSI std pipes c/w  JIS flange OD and bolting configuration to match the "ONE component "  needs to be utilized, would PLANT 3D be able to accomodate this? And how to overcome this abnormality

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
patpat79
in reply to: Anonymous

is your query is about class break or the like?? In Plant 3d, you can set up your project to: connect imperial and metric components, different pressure class, standard, etc. Components eg. ansi /asme and din, or as and asme/ansi and the likes. It's just that you must set up your project. In the event that you have for example, class 150 and 300 lines connecting to each other, resulting to class break/ spec break. You can create a flange which corresponds to the class which you prefer ( 150/300) then name it as a spec break flange, or din, or table E, depends on your needs. I do not know if this is what you mean, if it is ok to you, can you please elaborate much more the issue. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patpat79

Thanks for reply....what i mean is if I create a ASTM-PIPE and then I will connect a JIS Flange....any settings I need to fixed it? Like Piping Connection Setting....

Thanks...

Message 4 of 6
patpat79

Hi mady,

Pipes, fittings and valves in plant 3d default connection requirements are, pressure class, facing and end type,nominal diameter, and matching pipe OD. In the simple joint setting you will see there what will connect to whom. Therefore, as to what you are asking, JIS pipes and ASTM flange are just component description ( if you want it that way, in can behave that way). What I want to say is, if a Astm pipe can really be connected to a JIS flange (standard wise, if feasible). Therefore, you can make it connect, the thing is, if it is not feasible, creating connections for them will be a waste of time. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: patpat79

Hi patpat79,

I know that is feasible....but in reality it happens specially in our current project the pipe we use is astm std. and some LJ flange we used is DIN & JIS Std. because of valve we used....Why i'm asking this situation for isometric generation if can generate it in plant 3d and also I am a new user of Autocad Plant 3d.

Thanks,

Amador

Message 6 of 6
patpat79

Yes it can, and if you have any problems I am very willing to help, thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost